• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    On the flip side of that coin, if they have served their sentence in full, then they should get ALL of their rights back and no longer be labelled a felon. If, they have committed crime so violent that they shouldn't get ALL of their rights back, then they should never be released from the legal system (i.e. lifetime parole after release, violate parole, back to jail for "X" amount of years).

That's how misdemeanors work, not felonies. There are too many crimes considered felonies.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    That's how misdemeanors work, not felonies. There are too many crimes considered felonies.

That's how it should work regardless of the level of crime, it's time the system needs to be changed. If you have served your complete time, yo should get ALL of your rights back, not just some of them.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    That's how it should work regardless of the level of crime, it's time the system needs to be changed. If you have served your complete time, yo should get ALL of your rights back, not just some of them.

While I agree with you, I can't see the same politicians who vote themself raises while at the same time being corrupt on so many levels making an actual change like that. They put their time into taking rights, not restoring them.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Some boiler plate on their website now about working with "selling guidelines" with vendors. I smell a face saving move/cave in the near future

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    What's the point of tracing? Even if they catch the guy, he'll be back on the streets in 6 months or less.

See if how he got the gun was someone doing a straw purchase or illegal transfer. Happens and they do occasionally nab someone doing that. More often it was stolen. Or they'll end up "catching" the guy who is selling hundreds of guns a year as a business, without an FFL.

And then cuts a deal with the ATF for a fine and not to do it any more. Honestly that is what bugs me about some of that. You'd have to be stupid not to realize you cannot legally be buying dozens, scores or hundreds of guns a year and turning around to sell them for a profit without getting an FFL and doing background checks etc. But so often those guys walk with a slap on the wrist and a promise not to do it anymore (and often times turns out dozens of guns they sold show up used in crimes).

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I don’t think the background check of a 80% is to trace it. That would serial numbers, registration, etc.. It would indicate ownership and where the 80% gun should be. I think it would be done just to prevent unqualifying individuals from obtaining the 80%.

It would be good to get receipts if one sells an untouched 80%.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I don’t think the background check of a 80% is to trace it. That would serial numbers, registration, etc.. It would indicate ownership and where the 80% gun should be. I think it would be done just to prevent unqualifying individuals from obtaining the 80%.

The problem with that is, where do you draw the line? 75%? 50%?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

You are arguing for eliminating all felony penalties.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Loss of rights is THE penalty for a felony. Without it, there ARE NO FELONIES.

Including voting

Actually, especially voting

Then you haven’t actually paid your debt to society. Clearly, being a prohibited person is no obstacle to repeat offenders. We know this for a fact. Those who learned their lesson will be responsible. Those who haven’t will re-offend. Can you argue that it’s hard for a felon to get a gun?

As for voting, restore all the rights and there is no incentive to vote Democrat!

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    There is no line except that 80% max which keeps it a nonseriallzed component. 25%, 50%, etc.. If its formed, has any broaching or machining then it be included.

So, 3 classes of firearms:

79%, no restriction, anyone can purchase or own

80%, sales receipt required per your

81%, regular background check, 4473 etc

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    So all felonies should trigger a life sentence of rights being stripped?

That was the original intent.

The fact that it is corrupted to cover so many crimes of law/state's convience, is what offends so many

TOO MANY CRIMES ARE CONSIDERED FELONIES that should not be

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Loss of rights is THE penalty for a felony. Without it, there ARE NO FELONIES.

Yep, even non-violent ones, hell you even lose your rights for certain misdemeanors. Again, If you have completely served your sentence, then you should have all of your rights fully restored, not just some of them.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Including voting

Actually, especially voting

In some states, but not every one, it is generally the first right to get restored once a sentence if fully served, and a person is no longer a part of the criminal justice system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom