• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Nice inbox surprise today. Just had an eForm stamp approved. Form 1 submitted 9/6, approved 12/6.

Time will tell if it was a fluke approval. I don't think it is though...

I have a few other September submissions so I'll update when they come in.

Bang

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    I got my form 4 efile back for my .22 can back in 3 months, was shocked. Now waiting on my form 4 SBR stamp to come back that I submitted at the same time.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Nice inbox surprise today. Just had an eForm stamp approved. Form 1 submitted 9/6, approved 12/6.

Time will tell if it was a fluke approval. I don't think it is though...

I have a few other September submissions so I'll update when they come in.

Heard the 3 month thing was a trial basis and only a few lucky souls got theirs approved like that. Go buy a lottery ticket now. :lol2:

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    I got my form 4 efile back for my .22 can back in 3 months, was shocked. Now waiting on my form 4 SBR stamp to come back that I submitted at the same time.

Picked up my jaw too...

bastards!

Snail mail stamp pending? Yeah, I can see how that feels like a slap in the face...

Heard the 3 month thing was a trial basis and only a few lucky souls got theirs approved like that. Go buy a lottery ticket now. :lol2:

Truth :D

I heard the same thing but check the last several pages of recent approvals here though:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/410897_My_efiled_form_1_was_approved_in_3_months.html&page=3

For now, the number of 3-month December approvals are becoming a more regular occurrence than the November "test approvals".

It might be that ATF is going to try approving eForms at ~3-4 months and that the time period will increase as demand does. Time will tell.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Picked up my jaw too...

Snail mail stamp pending? Yeah, I can see how that feels like a slap in the face...

Truth :D

I heard the same thing but check the last several pages of recent approvals here though:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/410897_My_efiled_form_1_was_approved_in_3_months.html&page=3

For now, the number of 3-month December approvals are becoming a more regular occurrence than the November "test approvals".

It might be that ATF is going to try approving eForms at ~3-4 months and that the time period will increase as demand does. Time will tell.

Oh my, I remember when that thread was only 6 pages long. Ill take your advice and just skim the recent pages.

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    my dealer submitted and e-form4 today for my corp. i guess well see if its any faster then the other 5 forms i snail mailed in.........

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    Oh please, oh please, oh please! Efiled my SBR in late September! What a wonderful Christmas present that would be!

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Sorry for the hijack, but does anyone remember the trust file size maximum when submitting it online? Also does it have to be in PDF form?

It does have to be a pdf if I remember correctly. I don't remember the size.

almost certain max size is 3MB per attachment. and other formats are possible. It was just when you scan in the trust, pdf is usually the default versus jpg, gif, img etc.

If the notary public used the emboss vs stamp, make sure it shows. When I was setting up my bank account, I asked the notary public and she said you can take a pencil and lightly shade it to make it more visible when scanned in.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Oh please, oh please, oh please! Efiled my SBR in late September! What a wonderful Christmas present that would be!

It really would. I have a Nodak 7.62 receiver submitted late September. It'd be great if I could take advantage of these cheap PAP M92s floating around.

Buy one, have it demilled (which is cheaper then buying an actual M92 kit right now), pick up the parts and have it built. I thought they'd be all dried up by the time I was approved sometime next year.

almost certain max size is 3MB per attachment.

:thumbsup:

3mb it is.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    It really would. I have a Nodak 7.62 receiver submitted late September. It'd be great if I could take advantage of these cheap PAP M92s floating around.

Buy one, have it demilled (which is cheaper then buying an actual M92 kit right now), pick up the parts and have it built. I thought they'd be all dried up by the time I was approved sometime next year.

:thumbsup:

3mb it is.

Thanks for the info on the file size everyone. I'll be submitting an eForm here in the next couple days for a Vz. 61 SBR.

I hear you on the M92 builds. Just bought a parts kit off of GB for $770, although it came with the stock and non-bulged trunnion with an original barrel for a side-folder bulgy receiver. It's going to be a side-folder khyber pass M92. Just waiting for the stamp to return :D

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Thanks for the info on the file size everyone. I'll be submitting an eForm here in the next couple days for a Vz. 61 SBR.

I hear you on the M92 builds. Just bought a parts kit off of GB for $770, although it came with the stock and non-bulged trunnion with an original barrel for a side-folder bulgy receiver. It's going to be a side-folder khyber pass M92. Just waiting for the stamp to return :D

careful, dont think you should have all the parts before a stamp gets approved.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia

$770 isn't bad at all. Arms of America quoted me $950 for the kit (with folder) a couple months ago. Nice kits too but just too much for me.

I'm going side folder too. At first it bothered me having to cut up a brand new combloc-arsenal-built pistol and convert it to a parts kit SBR. Honestly though, this way I don't have to deal with the slight angle on the back end of the original receiver, so my folder is flush and stable.

Definitely looking forward to this. Good luck with the build(s).

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    I need someone to school me on AK's. I've always loved the grittiness of them if that's even a word. A lot like glocks, simple but effective. I just have no idea where to start.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    See posts 32 and 35 here:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=94791&page=2

Biggest problem is going down that path now will lead to nothing but heartbreak my friend. There’s not much AK related you can buy in MD anymore. The vz. comes to mind as still being legal but it’s not an AK. Still, it's always good to get informed.

Down the line, after clarification/litigation/negotiation/etc it may turn out you can buy a SBR AK but for now the answer is a very murky no per MSP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom