• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RNGJeep

Feb 5, 2012
    Howard County
    Izula II would be a great EDC, the longer handle and micarta grips generally feel better in hand than the regular Izula, at least they do for me. It's still small enough to slip in a pocket or throw in a bag easily. Can do a lot for a smaller fixed blade.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    I just ordered myself a esse-6 thanks to this thread.:thumbsup:
    I'm already looking at my next purchase from them and I don't know if I should go with the 5 or junglas. I can already feel the addiction and I don't even have my first blade.:D

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Randall

Good people making good knives. Here I am with Jeff Randall last week at SHOT.
    IMAG0723.jpg

I agree with Mercop,
    Buy yourself a Randall, Buy once and cry once. With a Randall you will never
    need a warranty.

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    I just ordered myself a esse-6 thanks to this thread.:thumbsup:
    I'm already looking at my next purchase from them and I don't know if I should go with the 5 or junglas. I can already feel the addiction and I don't even have my first blade.:D

Depends on what hole your filling in your kit. But I do suggest you look at the RTAKII over the junglas. Same knife, less money.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Depends on what hole your filling in your kit. But I do suggest you look at the RTAKII over the junglas. Same knife, less money.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look at the RTAKII as well. I might consider the junglas/RTAKII first since I already will have a decent midsize blade. I do like the ruggedness of the esee-5 though. After looking at reviews and videos that thing seems like a beast!! I'll most likely end up owning both at some point. I like collecting knives and after handling my friends esee-4 I'm hooked on these.

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look at the RTAKII as well. I might consider the junglas/RTAKII first since I already will have a decent midsize blade. I do like the ruggedness of the esee-5 though. After looking at reviews and videos that thing seems like a beast!! I'll most likely end up owning both at some point. I like collecting knives and after handling my friends esee-4 I'm hooked on these.

I have an ESEE 5 myself. It is a beast. But if you already have that size blade I would get the RTAKII/junglas length. That way you can clear your area before nestling in to make fire with your smaller blade.:party29:

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Just received my esse and this thing is a beast! I want want another one already.

Does anyone have the MOLLE sheath for these? What's the quality of those like?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
      photo.jpg
      81.6 KB · Views: 195

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    Just received my esse and this thing is a beast! I want want another one already.

Does anyone have the MOLLE sheath for these? What's the quality of those like?

The ESEE 6 sheath they sell is molded plastic. The 5 sheath is a nice kydex one, I don't know why they don't make the same sheaths for all there knives. You could get my brother (bullbarrel) to make you one. Then get the molle back panel or molle clips right on the kydex. Plus you can pick how you wanna carry it that way.:thumbsup:

Danketch71

Mar 28, 2009
    THe city that bleeds
    First thought is this is a year old thread!

I can't speak to the esee 4, or any esee, except that the 4 is probably next on my list to get. Really like the factory sheath/molle back deal.

I think it depends on what you can sharpen easily in the field, for a survival knife.

I've got a Fallkniven F1, Bark River Bravo 1, and Bark River Aurora, and all have some type of convex edge. Not really hard to sharpen, but different then the flat grind of the Esee 4.

Go for it. You getting the lime green and orange one?

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    no green or orange for me . Maybe Black or tan blade and the olive or sand grips
    Tea I know that this thread is a year old it does prove the I know how to use the search box .

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    The Esee 5 and BK2 are 1/4" thick. They are huge heavy beasts that you can use to cross-baton through a telephone pole with and then go use the handle to drive a railroad spike through a 350 Chevy block. A lot of people hate the BK2 grips (myself included) and the sheath is crap. The BK2 is a lot cheaper than the Esee 5, but by the time you add new handles and a new sheath you are at the same price as the Esee 5, and the 5 has that bad ass Esee warranty where you can videotape yourself putting the knife in a vise and hitting it with a 16 pound maul until it brakes and mail it to Esee and they will still send you a new knife.

The Esee4 is thinner (3/16) so it will cut and slice better. It's also easier to carry.

I have an Esee 3 and I like it a lot. It's only 1/8" thick, but the way it slices is sick. It's about the same price as the 4 but I think it's the better knife.

I just got a DPx HEST original in the mail today and I like it a lot. Maybe more than the Esee 3. I also have a Bark River Aurora and that's a great knife, but it's a little big for most of my camp chores.

So if you want to slice and dice, get the Esee 3 or 4. If you want to go around and f@ck sh!t up, get the Esee 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom