• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I'm looking ahead to a trip to NW Jersey. I'm wondering if a stop at Sarco in Easton, PA would be worthwhile.

I'm not looking for anything in particular. (OK, K-31 and related.)

Worth a stop?

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I've never been there but they had a rep selling merchandise at the York gun show a couple of years ago. He said they have so much stuff in the warehouse that's still unopened on the shipping pallets and never catalogued. They've no idea what's actually there.

If you could get there it would likely be an incredible experience.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I would like to have seen Oklahoma…

Not Arizona?

Oklahoma!

Oklahoma!.jpg

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    Took my twins on a college visit there a few years ago. Convinced them to chill out and let me spend as much time as I wanted going to SARCO afterward. (I was going to do it anyway LOL)
    So, here is the after action report. For those who do not know, SARCO is the company many of us know from their multi-page advertisements in Shot Gun Newws (now firearms news). I think they are what is keeping the publication going at this point btw.

First off, GPS is not your friend in finding their storefront. Be patienet and drive arond the really run down business park and find them. They are housed in an enormous series of buildings that was formerly a fireworks company. When I went inside, I was greeted and almost immediately asked if I was from New Jersey (stay tuned). I said no, I am from Easton, after a puzzled look, the guy said, I really do not recognize you sir. Oh well it is my first time vist, you see, I am from Easton...Maryland. Laughs.

The New Jersey part is due to the up-post comment regarding how much crap they have and dod not know about. It turns ot that at some point, years ago, when they were in New Jersey, they got audited by the ATF and then the state and a whole bunch of firearms (mainly/all? handguns) were unaccounted for on the books. Apparently an employee who realized it was a clown show there decided to get some "lunchbox specials". He would have gotten away with it except traces of some crime scene recovered items led to SARCO.

Cutting back to going there, the showroom is like a cross between the old International Arms Co. in Alexandria and a Sunny'Surplus in their heyday. Some items are exceedingly well organized. WWI and WWII rifle small parts are in multibin tackle boxes with charts and labels. There are magazines for guns you may never have heard of. There are magazines advertised that they have not had in years until they find another crate (Mauser 712 anyone, Bueller?) There are also bins of "stuff" like in a thrift store. But, the store alone is crazy. There is a rotary cannon, suits of armor and barrels of firearms like in th old days. One barrell had nothing but single shot shotguns. They were all Turkish or some Euor brand you never heard of. But they were cheap and functional. They were items that were siezed by the IDF is Israel.

If you are going there with specific purchases in mind, go to their website and see if they have it. Then, call them and place an order for pick up. Otherwise, if you just show up, the showroom and warehouse guys may not be able to get you stuff to you.

Good luck in the candy store!

I used to go by regularly when I'd drive to various places further north. Just really great!
    I've bought ammo and an Argy FAL parts kit.
    I'd forgotten that they check drivers licenses for a bunch of things.
    They had a couple of Rhody painted FAL mags that they wouldn't let me buy because I had a NY DL at the time.
    There was a newer indoor range and shop further down the same road that had a bunch of decent stuff (not cheap).

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Wow! I grew up not to far from
    There in Bethlehem Township. Easton is on the border with Jersey (Phillpsburg) by the way. Larry Holmes the boxer grew up in Easton and built a big home with a pool shaped like a boxing glove in Palmer Township next to Easton. Will have to find this SARCO place in my next visit to PA.

Enfield303

Feb 12, 2011
    Harford County
    They check IDs for magazine sales so no BAR or FAL mags to Maryland residents. I have been twice and both times the sales people didn't really seem to care if I bought anything or not. Neither knowledgeable nor helpful and, in one case, downright unpleasant. I had such bad experiences that I won't even buy from their website. Plenty of other places to spend my money.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Yes. A few years back now just after they moved.
    Think Pick-A-Part for guns.
    Nobody cared & they had no idea what was actually on the shelves.
    Not too hard to find its just you're driving into an industrial park & so need to keep looking where you are. You come of the highway, go North, turn off left to go back South West & keep an eye open.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I'll be travelling to Hackettstown, NJ. The usual route is into Jersey north of Philadelphia, then Rte 31. A detour through Easton sounded possible.

To some of you, Thanks for the information.
    To some others, Thanks for the musical interlude.

I may be heading up to Massachusetts.

Have you ever been to Boston for the springtime?
    I'm stayin' here with some friends
    And they've got lots of room
    You can sell your paintings on the sidewalk
    By a cafe where I hope to be workin' soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads