• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Still there.

I'd live there, as long as I'm out in the middle of a field with no neighbors.

It's been a long time, but I lived for 4 years about 15 miles south of Bridgeville. Of course, at that time, I was a single guy just out of college and Seaford/Laurel/Bridgeville had very little of interest. It's changed, but not by a whole lot. In any case, I don't think I'd want to live in that specific area again. As a sailor, I'd rather be closer to the Bay. Even though it's still in MD, Talbot County is an appealing blend of small town living and other amenities.

JoeR

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    Brian Hutcheson, 38, of Ramer, Tenn., who was driving a tractor-trailer westbound, and his passenger Danielle Mumford, 24, of Delmar, Del.

The bolded leaves me scratching my head. Friend? Hitchhiker? Hooker(no charges in MD or DE so less likely I assume)?

No judgement on either, just curious. Am I the only one?

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    The bolded leaves me scratching my head. Friend? Hitchhiker? Hooker(no charges in MD or DE so less likely I assume)?

May be a misprint or something. The Hutchinsons are a big family in denton. I think having out of state cdl for some states is cheaper to have and less regulated.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    If you google it, there's an article with an interview of a friend of hers. Says she was his girlfriend. She left behind a couple of kids.

Feb 28, 2013

I wondered about that too.

Hopefully Cooley Transport's insurance features a rider clause, or they may be subject to a huge lawsuit from her family.

bshedwick

Apr 3, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Agreed. We usually go North past the 50 cutoff and take the back road that empties on 404, where the new Royal Farms is; this bypasses that eight mile stretch of death where 404 becomes four lanes. :party29: If you are going to Bridgeville you don't have a lot of options....you could stay on 50 to Easton and cut North, but you will still be on two lane roads....

My In-laws live in Bridgeville and I am going there this weekend. Will need to try that road.

Feb 28, 2013
    My In-laws live in Bridgeville and I am going there this weekend. Will need to try that road.

Just hang a left at 331 in Easton. 331 will become 318 on the other side of Preston. Follow 318 around Federalsburg and it will become 18 at the DE line. That will take you into Bridgeville.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    If you google it, there's an article with an interview of a friend of hers. Says she was his girlfriend. She left behind a couple of kids.
    Was told by a VFF in that area that she still had a pulse when they arrived, but took so long cutting just to get to her that she died on scene. He said the one trucks frame was bent back so badly in a U and the driver was contorted in a way that the body is just not made to bend. Also said that during clean up the lumber was soaked with diesel and was loaded into a dumpster and it caught fire. They were called back out to put the fire out.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I missed this by 15 minutes yesterday morning. I am usually on the road by 0330 but had a late starting job. If not for being 15 min early for the 15 min early I'd of probably been in it.
    Had a situation like this a month or so ago when my helper was 5 min late. It was sleeting and come up on rt 2 with a little infinity driving like an ass, well he ended up losing it and coming to a stop facing me on the west bound side of the severn river bridge. It was a mess but everyone walked away from that, narrowly.

Stay on 50 damn it!:innocent0
    I take 50 sometimes, but I prefer 404 and the back country roads. We like to stop at all the fruit /vegetable stands and a couple of gun shops that are on that route. My place in OC is way up north so I prefer to go in through Delaware and come into OC on 54.

I might reconsider my route after this. I have always thought the 2 way traffic at high speeds was dangerous, but thought I would just stay extra alert. Not sure being alert would help when another driver crosses into your lane at 60mph. No control what so ever over that.

Last edited:

Wraith

Oct 19, 2009
    Denton
    404 isn't as bad as yall make it out to be. As someone who has lived near it, and driven on it my entire life, I can say it's no worse then any other roadway in the state. The primary times that there are trouble outside of freak accidents are between Thursday Evening, and Sunday Night when all the people from the Western Shore are trying to reach the beaches, or get home, 30 minutes faster than they should, that's when it is truly dangerous, and during those times, my ass sticks to the back roads.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Was out there today, and in Bridgeville (scouting the area for possible property).

The crash scene is very obvious, and I think the traffic was so slow through there because people just had to check it out.

But, in general, I think the nickel-and-dime approach to widening the road had to be turned up. It's become a serious thoroughfare to the beach communities, and the infrastructure response is lagging badly.

Maybe the towns along the way might actually rebound...

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I take 50 sometimes, but I prefer 404 and the back country roads. We like to stop at all the fruit /vegetable stands and a couple of gun shops that are on that route. My place in OC is way up north so I prefer to go in through Delaware and come into OC on 54.

I might reconsider my route after this. I have always thought the 2 way traffic at high speeds was dangerous, but thought I would just stay extra alert. Not sure being alert would help when another driver crosses into your lane at 60mph. No control what so ever over that.
    ........and Vanderwendes. Did I forget to mention Vanderwendes? Stinky place, delicious ice cream. This makes 404 a must

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    When canine or a thermal imager needs used to confirm all are accounted for, that is an exceptionally bad incident.

Prayers of peace for those involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom