• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

scrovak

Back in the "Free" State
    May 2, 2011
    When did they open? They weren't when I went to pick up my G21SF a few weeks back...

Not_Disapproved

Known Defiler
    Jul 3, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Re:Re:

For number three they make a cream consisting of wolf hair, credit card pieces, truck-stop suprise, and monkey feces. Works like a CHARM.

As for #2 you sir are completly wrong I have brought multiple "girls" on dates there and the staff has been nothing but professional and friendly. They have even offered my dates their personal bikes with the seats removed for transportation from lane to lane. HOW DARE YOU!!!

Well, I'll have to take your word for it. When I tried to bring a "girl" there, we couldn't get past the "No concealed weapon sign." I still maintain that hiding the candy is a form of CCW and should be regulated accordingly.

bigred

Ultimate Member
    Nov 18, 2009
    Middle River
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Not_Disapproved
    2. While they have provided a urinal in the ladies room, the lack of a bidet in the mens room clearly demonstrates that Freestate is not a hermaphrodite-friendly establishment.
    3. During the Zombie Invasion of 10-31-11, I contracted a dose of the Zombie Clap for which traditional cures have proven entirely ineffective.

For number three they make a cream consisting of wolf hair, credit card pieces, truck-stop suprise, and monkey feces. Works like a CHARM.

As for #2 you sir are completly wrong I have brought multiple "girls" on dates there and the staff has been nothing but professional and friendly. They have even offered my dates their personal bikes with the seats removed for transportation from lane to lane. HOW DARE YOU!!!

Watch what you say, you make it sound like you date hermaphrodites

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    Yea its a shame about him getting the zombie h.i.v But you know you got to respect randy and the crew getting real zombies for the first zombie shoot
    Now if I could just figure out how he got zombie h.i.v ??????:lol2:

hows things going Bryan havent seen you in a while?

LoL, Now That's Just Mean!!! Very well thank you. And, your self? How you been?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    off topic posts removed and infractions issued for personal insults.

Pt1

Oct 21, 2012
    Well after being out of it for a while I'm glad I found freestate. I've since purchased three weapons from them and find them very pleasant to deal with. I don't mind letting them check my ammo at all or my weapons if necessary. Sometimes they don't even check if they recognize you. I have a family pass with them and have taken my wife with me as we'll as my daughter. Although my daughter is the one that likes it the most. She is 17 now and was so turned on when I took out the first time. She heard the guns going off from outside and she couldn't wait to get in and go.

Who cares if they are carrying.....they're at a gun range with more than 100 weapons lying about. I'd want to carry too.

The only complaint I'd have and maybe more of a suggestion then complaint is that they should have some kind of e-mail go out to their members or e-mail subscribers that an event is going on and they might not be able to use the range until later on that day. I've gone in there three times now and had to come back at 12 because of some class going on. :innocent0

Now if I can only find a place to shoot my 35 Rem Marlin without having to travel so far to do so.

Thanks
    Patrick

rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    Patrick, welcome aboard..... you can check out the freestate area of Md shooters and get lots of info on the events at the range.... see you there sometime.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    Lol, Why wait, when I find oneof the staff thats free getting a lane, I automatically lay the case on the counter, open the rifle bag, clear it, show them its clear,then hand it to them without being asked, same as my sidearm. The ammo bag is next. The only time I dont offer to show ammo,is if I only brought the .22 rifle...

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    I am going to highly doubt that a for-profit business has "non-paid volunteers" working for them.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I open carry an AK sometimes at Scotts Gunsmithing (I work there). If carrying guns in a gun range or gun shop offends you then you need to find another hobby.

Your original post is why many gunstore employees eventually become dicks, well because after dealing with B.S. they get sick of being nice.

I usually start off sick of being nice. :)

For the record, I like Freestate. It's a really nice indoor range.

Reign

Oct 28, 2012
    Severn, MD
    Just went there today for the first time. People were friendly, and any questions I had were answered or looked into immediately to get a good answer. My ammo and rifle were checked(Their shop, their rules, no complaints from me).

Nothing seemed unreasonable or complaint worthy from my point of view. Picked up a membership while I was at it.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    when im at an indoor range, i absolutely understand my firearm, and ammo will checked. i dont need a reason, its their establishment, and their policy. inspect away! also, im glad people are carrying in there. its refreshing. just wait until everyone can carry OUTSIDE of there!

I'm with all you guys with this, however it sure refreshing when you go to a range that doesn't treat you like a sneak until you deserve it. Personally I will not shoot at any of the MD ranges any longer for a hand full of reasons. Where I do shoot is Freedom Armory in New Freedom PA. They to have their rules as far as the type of ammo you can shoot and can't shoot. But they trust you to do the right thing. They just tell you the rule when you become a member and they don't inspect anything. You're trusted, respected, and it's very much a pleasure to shoot there.

All ranges have their rules and if you go to a range that for whatever reason likes to check, just let them check. Be respectful to them and except nothing less than them being respectful to you.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    when im at an indoor range, i absolutely understand my firearm, and ammo will checked. i dont need a reason, its their establishment, and their policy. inspect away! also, im glad people are carrying in there. its refreshing. just wait until everyone can carry OUTSIDE of there!

I'm with all you guys with this, however it sure refreshing when you go to a range that doesn't treat you like a sneak until you deserve it. Personally I will not shoot at any of the MD ranges any longer for a hand full of reasons. Where I do shoot is Freedom Armory in New Freedom PA. They to have their rules as far as the type of ammo you can shoot and can't shoot. But they trust you to do the right thing. They just tell you the rule when you become a member and they don't inspect anything. You're trusted, respected, and it's very much a pleasure to shoot there.

All ranges have their rules and if you go to a range that for whatever reason likes to check, just let them check. Be respectful to them and except nothing less than them being respectful to you.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Put a chamber flag in it then, then they can visually see its unloaded without handling it.

Ranges often inspect weapons, its normal.

If a customer brings a firearm to the shop I work at once the case is open it goes to my hands. I wont allow someone to handle a weapon around me that could be loaded if I dont know the owner VERY well. About1 out of 20 guns that I take control of are loaded, when the owner said they were "clear".

All good reasons to check. But when talking gun ranges and shops in PA where legal carry is very common (that we hope happens in Maryland one day) its not uncommon to have 60%+ of the people that walk into these places carrying and the ranges and shops in places like PA seem to manage without all of the inspections.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    My only experience with Free State was when we were shopping. I called for price and availability and was told I had to come in. I was not going to drive over to see if they had the guns I wanted to buy in stock and how much they were asking.

Might be a nice range, but that lost them a customer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom