Finksburg - major changes coming to Rt 140/Rt 91 intersection; left turn to be eliminated

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Bike lanes and the removal of the left turn from Rt 140 westbound to Rt 91 South will be eliminated. Instead go through the intersection and make a right on to Michele Brauning Drive and around to Rt 91 to cross through the same intersection again.

In the name of "safety." Meanwhile, maybe a mile eastward the the intersection with Glen Falls Rd where most of the major/serious collisions occur, nothing changes.

140-91.jpg

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    One of the things I hate most about New Jersey is all the loop turns they put in to avoid left turns at intersections. How wonderful we get to see that here in MD. Though I'm sure this isn't the first.

I do a lot of rentals from Sunbelt, and the occasional visit to MD Elite. When I leave either, I just hop on Old Westminster behind them and then take Old Gamber to 91. Much faster than the intersection anyway.

Blkhawk870

Nov 15, 2014
    Baltimore County
    That intersection is already annoying if you're trying to make a left onto 91 when headed south on 140. Depending on the time of day I've sat there a while waiting for traffic to die down to make the left in front of the shopping center without a light.

Of all the intersections I'm not sure why this one was chosen to remove the turning lanes at the light.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Wait, what??? They're going to eliminate the left turn lane??? How f*cking stupid is that? It's often full, and 91 is a major route. There is no left turn lane going east bound on 140, so you have to pull into the shopping center loop, then get onto 91 that way which is a pain in the ass. And bike lanes? On 140? That's just stupid. Where did these highway engineers come from, Baltimore? Because this smells like stupidity.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Well, at least, it won’t affect my route of travel to and from Hap Baker. However, to and from MD Munitions is a different story.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    One of the things I hate most about New Jersey is all the loop turns they put in to avoid left turns at intersections. How wonderful we get to see that here in MD. Though I'm sure this isn't the first.

I do a lot of rentals from Sunbelt, and the occasional visit to MD Elite. When I leave either, I just hop on Old Westminster behind them and then take Old Gamber to 91. Much faster than the intersection anyway.

They are called Jersey Jug Handles.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I have not been but here is the address according to google. https://goo.gl/maps/Q8ic5YUQyh1BtSJx8

And here is their website
    I haven't heard of them either but I will have to check them out. Very close to Elite.
    Thanks,

I'm guessing he comes up 91, and makes a right on to 140 to get there

If this crap goes through, I'd probably come up 140 towards 91, make the right on 91, going away from Gamber, and then make a U turn on 91

kennyd

The "HOOK" guy
    Jul 28, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    Saw this last week, the biggest joke to me is the 'bike' lanes. Who the F rides a bike on 140? Is it even legal on a state numbered highway?

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    I have not been but here is the address according to google. https://goo.gl/maps/Q8ic5YUQyh1BtSJx8

And here is their website
    I haven't heard of them either but I will have to check them out. Very close to Elite.

That’s the place. Great folks.

Their updated address is:
    3152 Baltimore Blvd
    Unit N (rear of building)

Same driveway, but now in building right out by 140.

Not a storefront. You order online and can pick-up at your convenience at his store/warehouse.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Saw this last week, the biggest joke to me is the 'bike' lanes. Who the F rides a bike on 140? Is it even legal on a state numbered highway?
    Not only legal, but there are bike signs on the road. I forget where I saw them and if they are the "share the road" kind, yield to bikes in turn lanes," or "bikes may use full lane."

Sirex