• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Got home a little bit ago, man oh man what an absolutely gorgeous day weather wise and we had a fantastic trip back from Somerset.

We got a little bit of a late start due to an unforeseen engagement with a wedding party last night at the hotel. Trip pics to follow after I go wash the road off.

400 miles on the nose for us.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Fantastic ride! (even if I did oversleep)
    i-Dz37pXp-L.jpg

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Thanks to all that made the trip , My wife , son and I had a great time with all the MDS & Friends . Weather was great both days , I am glad we paid tribute to the Americans that lost their lives on (9/11)

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I guess that out of respect for the event, I should have mentioned first and foremost the awe-inspiring memorial to the people that lost their lives on that day in 2001... It took all I had to fight back the tears halfway through the tour of the visitor's center, watching the re-run of the CNN coverage of the second plane hitting the other tower... I remember exactly where I was on the day these horrific events took place, looking out the passenger window of my delivery truck and wondering what the plume of smoke was that had just lifted in the direction of D.C. then learning of the plane in Shanksville intended to be flown into the Capitol building... countless tears have been shed and prayers for those affected, both directly and indirectly, offered as a humble reminder of how fortunate some were... and others, not so much.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I guess that out of respect for the event, I should have mentioned first and foremost the awe-inspiring memorial to the people that lost their lives on that day in 2001... It took all I had to fight back the tears halfway through the tour of the visitor's center, watching the re-run of the CNN coverage of the second plane hitting the other tower... I remember exactly where I was on the day these horrific events took place, looking out the passenger window of my delivery truck and wondering what the plume of smoke was that had just lifted in the direction of D.C. then learning of the plane in Shanksville intended to be flown into the Capitol building... countless tears have been shed and prayers for those affected, both directly and indirectly, offered as a humble reminder of how fortunate some were... and others, not so much.

You weren't alone.

(Except in Hancock)

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Excellent summation, nothing I could add to it so time for some pics.

f79135a127560355bb852c8bf9a712bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    After meeting up with the Carroll and MoCo contingent we meandered our way through the mountains to Cumberland where we were met by Dave MP and 4570inMD.

After a nice ride up into the Laurel Highlands we stopped at the memorial entrance.

726bb09cda554c645d5a0ca22ad0dab3.jpg

Left to right: hitwtom, Mrs Raineman, Mrs. Chris, Chris, Drew, Andy, Linda, 4570inMD, Tom, DraKhen99, yours truly and Mrs. Stove, Dave MP and AppleHD kneeling.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Welder516, Mrs Welder and Welder Jr in the sidecar.

aa96d6fb71b57ab43ab5c80cfb2a4888.jpg

These guys just amaze me. They don't let Welder Jr's disability hold them back from enjoying life, they just get out there and make it happen.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Drew decided he needed a power nap while we were waiting for Welder and his rig to catch up with us coming out of the mountains.

73208c0b5419964721d9a1ca5184e001.jpg

And yes, you can tour on any type of bike. 21 years old and he hung with us for everything, and I do mean everything....

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    As many years as we've been going to 7 Springs, this was the first time I've made it out to the memorial. Mrs. hitwtom was out there when it was just a section of chain link fence and then later when all that was there was the lower section. Awe inspiring trip, thanks guys:thumbsup:

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    Welder516, Mrs Welder and Welder Jr in the sidecar.

aa96d6fb71b57ab43ab5c80cfb2a4888.jpg

These guys just amaze me. They don't let Welder Jr's disability hold them back from enjoying life, they just get out there and make it happen.
    Very cool! I know exactly where that pic was taken. I'm kicking myself for not taking time to make this run.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Choked up a bit here...

"...LET'S ROLL!!!"

Attachments

• toddbeamer - Copy.jpg
      toddbeamer - Copy.jpg
      25.4 KB · Views: 139

Users who are viewing this thread