Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    This is the way:
    pix011892872.jpg

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    I have zero issues with my blowback AR9. Has a JPE Silent Capture Spring, I barely notice the recoil.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Since we've started back down the AR9 rabbit hole(again), I stumbled across this video...

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Since we've started back down the AR9 rabbit hole(again), I stumbled across this video...

I actually did this but have yet to try.

Last edited:

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Real Colt? IDK but I am sure they ain't cheap. Colt made a bunch of different 9mm's for the commercial market. My understanding is that the Colt 9mm's are popular outside the US for LE and security applications.
    I shot a properly setup, full auto, Colt car-9, in the mid 90’s. Damn thing surgical!! Absolutely no kick! You could literally hold steady, wherever you aimed. Coolest gun I ever shot. The MP-5 has nothing on that thing. Which I’ve also shot on full auto.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    I have a tuned short stroke blowback pcc and there is no question that the recoil impulse is so much more that my roller delayed JP5. It is just physics. You need a heavy bolt in a blowback and when that weigh gets forced back it is going to raise the muzzle even with a heavy spring. There is just a lot of mass moving backward.

The difference with the roller delayed is the reduced mass and slow speed back on the bolt allows the muzzle to barely move. While the recoil that we are talking is not generally what I would consider massive being 9mm, in a competition setting and keeping the sight on the target with minimal movement, the roller delayed is the way to go.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    That used to be my take. I had a 20" M16 A1 in the Army and could not understand why anyone would want (1) a barrel less than 20", and (2) a pistol caliber instead of 5.56 NATO, both of which diminish the effectiveness of the rifle. But truth is; SBR's with a can are way too much fun. Also, 9mm is a quiet and mild round (even in a blowback) that is cost effective and easy to reload.
    I’ll take that under advisement. :thumbsup:

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So here are some possible paths for recoil systems in an AR style PCC:
    1. Standard blowback. Reliable and simple but not ideal for competition. Works well for a range toy. Does not impeded accuracy for slow fire.
    2. CMMG Radial-delayed blowback. Works well but expensive. A great alternative for 45ACP since all of the other options seem to be 9mm only. I went this route with my AR45 and love it.
    3. CMMG Dissident. Even better than radial-delayed blowback in that there is no buffer tube. Even more expensive. Not really an AR style platform but worth mentioning.
    4. Maxim Defense roller-delayed blowback. A popular choice and reasonably priced. Some think this is the best performer next to radial-delayed blowback.
    5. JP Enterprises Silent CApture Spring. Another reasonably priced popular choice.
    6. Kynshot hydraulic buffer and weight. Yet another reasonably priced popular choice.
    7. KAK K-SPEC Enhanced AR15 PCC 9.5 oz Buffer. This is basically a spring-loaded buffer. Very interesting. https://kakindustry.com/k-spec-enhanced-ar15-pcc-9-5-oz-buffer/

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    8. Mean Arms bearing delayed upper.
    9. Angstadt Arms roller delayed upper. Uses some MP5 parts. Does not require a buffer tube. (you actually HAVE to remove the tube as a little spring stop plate needs to be put on instead.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom