• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatter

NEWB - Slack Appreciated!
    Mar 6, 2013
    Stewartstown, PA
    I just caught the end of this story, anyone have a link to the full verion?

The gist was that Homeland Security was buying up millions of rounds of 9mm and 40 cal ammo in hollowpoint and ball (not training ammo as claimed).

Wonder if they are planning an eBay sale to bolster funding during the sequester?

Edit: I did some looking online. It seems the 40 cal is old news, but the 9mm buyup is more recent. Never did find a link on the Fox 45 website for that story though.

Last edited:

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I just caught the end of this story, anyone have a link to the full verion?

The gist was that Homeland Security was buying up millions of rounds of 9mm and 40 cal ammo in hollowpoint and ball (not training ammo as claimed).

Wonder if they are planning an eBay sale to bolster funding during the sequester?

Good to see it finally hit mainstream :lol:

They have other plans.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    who are they planning a war with? now if they only had 2700 or so armored urban assault vehicles. oh wait...

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Not sure who they are going to use to man these vehicles. I have yet to see vacancy announcements in USAjobs.......

there was a thread on here the other day showing a realeased document showing that they have just graduated the first class of home land security officers. also showing re education camps instructions, apparently in america. weird stuff i tell ya.

d'Artagnan

Nov 4, 2008
    Ellicott City
    Homeland Security contracted for 1.625 Billion rounds of ammo in the first 10 months of 2012. That's 5 rounds per American citizen (about 325 million). That included training ammunition loaded with hollow point bullets. Training ammunition isn't loaded with hollow point bullets. Homeland Security's website says they have 230,000 employees. 1.625 Billion divided by 230,000 is 7,060 rounds for each employee. If only one in ten of those employees is a shooter, that's 70,600 rounds each. And hollow point bullets are banned in International conflicts by the Geneva Conventions. Who's DHS going to war with? I'm alarmed.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    something big is about to jump off, and they don't want that ammo on the streets

US citizens have been purchasing on the order of a billion rounds per year for many years now.

There's far more ammo and small arms in private hands than in the hands of gov.

Whats troubling is the DHS purchase of 2700 MRAPs....the thought of a TSA level employee running around with armor is disturbing......

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom