• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If things seem like they aren't getting done as quickly as usual and it seems like you aren't hearing from us as quickly as usual, it's because it's true.

All of us are swamped personally for varying reasons right now and it's taking time to wade through some aspects of site maintenance.

I cleared 254 new member registrations this morning, so I'm slowly digging my way out.

Be patient and play nice.

Feb 28, 2013
    If things seem like they aren't getting done as quickly as usual and it seems like you aren't hearing from us as quickly as usual, it's because it's true.

That's ok. Understood.:bowdown:

All of us are swamped personally for varying reasons right now and it's taking time to wade through some aspects of site maintenance.

I was a moderator once, so I know what it's like. :thumbsup:

I cleared 254 new member registrations this morning, so I'm slowly digging my way out.

Really? You have to clear those?

I thought it just happened automatically.

No problem. Keep up the good work guys. :thumbsup::D

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    maybe you need some more back end moderators. membership has doubled since the last new mods were added.

Feb 28, 2013
    maybe you need some more back end moderators. membership has doubled since the last new mods were added.

This is an awful busy site for only 5 of them, and really only 3 that I see frequently.

The trucking site I moderated for only had about 3,000 members, but they had 8 moderators. And here, there's a LOT more forums and subforums than they had.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    This is an awful busy site for only 5 of them, and really only 3 that I see frequently.

The trucking site I moderated for only had about 3,000 members, but they had 8 moderators. And here, there's a LOT more forums and subforums than they had.

yeah, when I see a picture of a mod on fb, and he's holding his newborn baby for the first time in one hand, and answering mds pm's in the other, you know they are overworked.
    ; )

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    yeah, when I see a picture of a mod on fb, and he's holding his newborn baby for the first time in one hand, and answering mds pm's in the other, you know they are overworked.
    ; )

As much as i hate to admit it, there are things MORE important than the Forum.

Feb 28, 2013
    As much as i hate to admit it, there are things MORE important than the Forum.

That's true. But when you agree to be a moderator on a website, you agree to be there often. Comes with the territory. I took it seriously when I did it.

I wouldn't take the job if I couldn't give it the time it deserves.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    That's true. But when you agree to be a moderator on a website, you agree to be there often. Comes with the territory. I took it seriously when I did it.

I wouldn't take the job if I couldn't give it the time it deserves.

I totally understand that and don't disagree in general. I'm just talking about a new baby or other major Life events are more important and if anyone on the forum can't wait a bit they have a problem. But i also understand that there are many on this forum that don't give a flying flip about being reasonable :innocent0

I'm not trying to argue or fight.

DrunkUncles

Mar 18, 2011
    Edgewater MD

A bit of a suck up moment... But thanks for all that you and the other admin/moderators do!

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom