• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    That too. As I said before, I need to figure out how to get the "my vote doesn't count" people active. If half of the people who think their vote doesn't count actually voted, then their votes will count.

It's a self defeating argument and it's dangerous. You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Part of the problem is all the numbnuts who spew out the "a vote for a 3rd party is a wasted vote" line. If someone is jaded with the system and feels a vote for either R or D is a waste of time, then they only have 2 choices- vote for 3rd party or not vote at all. I know many people who start listening to the DR coin flippers and just decide to not bother at all.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    For those who are registering as Democrats to vote in their primaries, I'm doing the opposite...

The parties look at the discrepancy in registration (3-1 D to R in MD), and current trends. If they see an increase of people registering as Democrats, the Dems will assume they are doing something right. What is the big issue in MD right now?

I am re-registering from Independent/Non-affiliated to Republican. If the Dems see Republican registration growing they will realize that they are doing something wrong, and again, what is the big issue right now? Send a message, change your registration to Republican (if it isn't already).

You can still have an impact on the Democratic primaries (and possibly quite a bit more than being one conservative vote in the heavily liberal Dem primaries). Give money to pro-2nd Amendment candidates regardless of party affiliation.

Does the DNC see how many dems vote for Republican candidates im the general elections? I think seeing a bunch of D voters swing the other way would be a much stronger message.

milldog

Apr 16, 2011
    College Park
    I know how disgusting it feels. Perhaps we need to form a self-help group for those who have joined the dark side.

DINOs Anonymous? "Hi, I'm Brian and I'm a registered Democrat. I've been a Democrat now for two days and it still feels like an eternity."

In all seriousness, @ 39 years of age it was still nice getting the below note from my mom:

"you go gettum. Fight the idiots any way you can. We have to stop Obama and all the nutcakes. He wants to destroy our country." :mdpatriot

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    Funny thing is that I wonder what Frosh will do if any version if this bill gets passed?

Seriously, he won't have anything to do anymore...

expat

Aug 29, 2012
    We're all ****ed

I'm afraid you are right. Yes, work our asses off to fight this, but I believe the fix is in -- MD is a lost cause. Fight like hell, but have a back-up plan which may include a 'tactical withdrawal' to more advantageous territory.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I'm afraid you are right. Yes, work our asses off to fight this, but I believe the fix is in -- MD is a lost cause. Fight like hell, but have a back-up plan which may include a 'tactical withdrawal' to more advantageous territory.

No, the fix is only in that something will likely pass. The harder we work, the less intrusive and effective it will be. If we puff ourselves up big enough and scary enough ... there actually is a chance we will get enough defectors afraid they won't be re-elected.

Giving up now is what the other side wants; it lets them write a new constitution backwards from the way the Founding Fathers intended

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Well I hope that the many people who have joined in the last few months because of SB281 and what not continue to stick around and introduce new people to the site. If 400 members tell 2 people, that's 800 new members. And if they bring in 2 new people that's 1,600 new members.

I'd definitely like to see something from MSI on this. We have momentum right now. We need to use it to our advantage and expand, rather than let the balloon slowly deflate.

AMEN to the new members and compounded growth! You're dead on target! Bolster our own ranks, because those who would take our freedoms are always going to be there, and they aren't going away. History proves it.

codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    I do not believe that any more ... I used to, but now I think that idea was propaganda. I do not believe there is a sudden, late change in the public's feelings about the Second Amendment - I believe it has always been pro-2A, but we have been lied to by the media and the left.

In the past there was no way to know if there were surveys or documentation that disagreed with "the party line". With the internet, we see a completely different reality. We now see just about every "unscientific" survey give strong pro-2A results ... my only explanation ... in the past, we were lied to.

The best way to defeat someone is to tell them they have already lost and have no allies.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH!

I have tried to explain this to many people many times.

bbguns

Defend the Constitution
    Jan 28, 2010
    Heading to Free America
    The agenda of the so-called 'progressives' eventually leads to elimination of privately-owned firearms. If they get this abomination through this year, it is a solid step in that direction. If the perps are then voted out, there will be some hope but they are banking on two things...(1) that the sheep have short memories and will respond to the usual round of false promises and (2) that is is MUCH more difficult to reverse legislation once enacted.

It is CLEARLY much better to stop this fiasco in it's tracks. But, thus far, it seems obvious that the overlords in Annapolis don't really care what the peasants think and only have high regard for selected freedoms, the right to bear arms not being one of them. Even if we win this particular battle, the war is far from over...

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I have voted in every election since my 18th birthday. I feel that if you don't vote, you do not have the right to bitch. I am a conservative Republican. In the part of the state yhat I live in, we elect Republicans. Even our Democrats are conservative (Kevin Kelly).

peafarmer

Dec 23, 2011
    Annapolis
    I think that we need to find out who these people are that have been writing letters / emails, but were not registered to vote. The 2014 elections are not that far off, and it really would not take a lot of votes to significantly change these races. It is a midterm election, nationally, so it will not have the low information voter effect. We could actually be a force in the 2014 election if we organize...

Saginaw

Jan 13, 2013
    Fort Meade, Odenton
    No, the fix is only in that something will likely pass. The harder we work, the less intrusive and effective it will be. If we puff ourselves up big enough and scary enough ... there actually is a chance we will get enough defectors afraid they won't be re-elected.

Giving up now is what the other side wants; it lets them write a new constitution backwards from the way the Founding Fathers intended

I hope your right because I have been watching the testimony and all the compelling arguments against this thing seem to be falling on deaf ears.:mad54: I don't know the name of the Senators on the panel but it sounds as if they have already made up their minds.:mad54: Reminds me of my old boss and I quote "Don't confuse me with the facts I have already made up my mind!:sad20: Go away peasant.)

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    I hope your right because I have been watching the testimony and all the compelling arguments against this thing seem to be falling on deaf ears.:mad54: I don't know the name of the Senators on the panel but it sounds as if they have already made up their minds.:mad54: Reminds me of my old boss and I quote "Don't confuse me with the facts I have already made up my mind!:sad20: Go away peasant.)

I said in another thread...they should not make up their minds. They should vote the way their constituents say, not how they feel or what they believe. We need to remind them of this. It's how we feel and what we want!

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    Mark75H is right - the more pressure we have the less damaging the final product will be. The real hope is that people are seeing just how bad this is. These clowns aren't just hitting a few hard core military shooters, they're trying to repeal the the whole 2A. If enough people stay engaged (suck it up and vote as dems) we can make a difference in the long run - I hope.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I said in another thread...they should not make up their minds. They should vote the way their constituents say, not how they feel or what they believe. We need to remind them of this. It's how we feel and what we want!

Not quite. They should vote to uphold the Constitution first. Constituents second.

ih23

Dec 13, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Just a thought, perhaps more public open range days at the ranges would give incentive and create more active shooters.

Absolutely. This has recently been on my mind constantly. I've been brainstorming upon such ideas. As a gun range member I have been trying to bring in as many people I know in as guests and introduce them to the sport. I would love for at least a few gun ranges to have certain days, weekends or whatnot, wherein the general public can freely come in. Cresap Rifle Club in Frederick does this, I took a few of my friends up there when I myself started target shooting. Maybe MSI and MdShooters can organize a statewide event wherein gun ranges for a limited time open their doors to the public for free, as a public service. This will help advance our goals and expose the fear mongering and agenda driven propaganda from the left. I'm sure we have plenty of folks who would love to train new members or volunteer to be range officers. Associated Gun Clubs does this on Sundays for trap shooting. We need to unite as gun owners and understand that any threat to our rights affects all of us, wherefore we must band together. I would love to see some co-ordination between the grassroots organizations and local gun clubs and gun stores to accomodate such an effort. MSI, if you read this, please consider it. Make the planning public, so that we can all contribute to it and make it easy/pleasant and worthwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom