Gauging Interests----A Maryland Shooters Sprint Run Forum Knife?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you purchase a MD Shooters Limited Edition knife? (see post for knife details)

• Yes, absolutely

Votes: 40 25.0%
    • Yes, conditionally (please specify)

Votes: 41 25.6%
    • Probably—but still undecided

Votes: 39 24.4%
    • Maybe—undecided

Votes: 19 11.9%
    • No

Votes: 21 13.1%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    The lanyard was also just a rough demonstration...I can tie about 30 different lanyards. Here are a few others I gave to people for Xmas...

I agree with all of this. DD214 is indeed who you would need to start with.

Any chance you could contact the bossman and refer him to the thread? I sent him a PM but guess he didn't get it.

Attachments

• 2013-12-26 02.10.30.jpg
      2013-12-26 02.10.30.jpg
      135 KB · Views: 741
    NickZac
    You'll never get everybody to agree on an idea. Your taste in knives and your lanyard work are excellent, as we've seen in your many posts. I recommend you propose two ideas, and let people choose, additional option being with/without lanyard.

As has been mentioned previously, we knife folk are pretty opinionated and picky. But most of us would appreciate the uniqueness and collectability of a logo or group knife.

Lead us to it buddy.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    I would be in at $100 or so. I did not read the whole thread so I apologize if this has been mentioned, but I do have a couple ideas.

I like the idea of a medium sized Benchmade or similar, in almost any color other than black.
    Price it in such a manner which allows a few bucks from each sale to be donated to MSI or similar.
    I like the lanyard with MD flag colors.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    The bossmen have given the OK!!! :D

I'll first get the specifics from Benchmade on options and pricing...depending what everyone likes, we can go from there.

Maybe see if they can make a digital markup of a few options or something to give a better idea of what they can do.

I'll also look into a few local engravers I got info on to see possibilities there as well!

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Thanks for all your efforts OP, and I'm IN any way you go and trust your decision.

That said, the tan BM (mini or full size) with the less is more engraving ( x of xxx, and a small mds shield/year) is best looking in my opinion. I think less cluttered = a classier look and plain black blade would look tough as hell. Bring on the lanyard too. This is an outstanding thing you're doing, just let me know where to send the funds and I'm down for at least one maybe two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom