• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Ung's attempted murder trial has started, and "it" is getting piled deep:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...n_shooting_that_started_as_trash-talking.html

Eyewitness testimony is generally the most unreliable evidence you can have in court. I am sure DiDonato really believes his version of events, but the tape shows something else. What did Judge Learned Hand say about that issue? Something like "I would trust the slightest scrap of paper over purported ironbound memory."

Last edited by a moderator:

atimesublime

Mar 23, 2009
    Montgomery County MD
    everytime i see the picture of that smug lax-jackass it makes me sick in the pit of my stomach. I hope he has to crap in a bag for the rest of his miserable life. Calling him a 'victim' is just disgusting.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Eyewitness testimony is generally the most unreliable evidence you can have in court. I am sure DiDonato really believes his version of events, but the tape shows something else. What did Judge Learned Hand say about that issue? Something like "I would trust the slightest scrap of paper over purported ironbound memory."

I have looked at the tape (on the Fox website). All it shows is an argument between two groups of people, a quick scuffle and someone getting shot during the fight. Unless there is audio to go with the tape, I dont see anything on the grainy video that prooves or disprooves the allegations of the witnesses.

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    I have looked at the tape (on the Fox website). All it shows is an argument between two groups of people, a quick scuffle and someone getting shot during the fight. Unless there is audio to go with the tape, I dont see anything on the grainy video that prooves or disprooves the allegations of the witnesses.

That's not what I saw. It shows a group of guys following, then running after two individuals who are walking away from them, who ultimately face them while continuing to back away. There was hardly a 'scuffle' - the thugs lunged at Ung in an attack, and that's when he shot. The video, even given its poor quality, shows plain as day what happened to my eyes.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    This is exactly what I saw in the video.....I wear glasses though.

Seriously..it seemed clear as day. I don't see how this went to trial.

It shows a group of guys following, then running after two individuals who are walking away from them, who ultimately face them while continuing to back away. There was hardly a 'scuffle' - the thugs lunged at Ung in an attack, and that's when he shot. The video, even given its poor quality, shows plain as day what happened to my eyes.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    $100 to defense fund......money well spent....can't touch what "victim"s mommy and daddy can throw out, but ever bit helps i guess.....this is just a judicial travesty. Arresting office, prosecuting attorney, and judge should all be ashamed of themselves.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    This sounds like a backward Busch travesty...

Hopefully, Ung is cleared of all charges and he gets to sue the crap out of the D-Bag and his daddy for being a jerk.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    That's not what I saw. It shows a group of guys following, then running after two individuals who are walking away from them, who ultimately face them while continuing to back away. There was hardly a 'scuffle' - the thugs lunged at Ung in an attack, and that's when he shot. The video, even given its poor quality, shows plain as day what happened to my eyes.

You see a brief slice of an incident that had started a couple minutes earlier.

I dont know what happened and what Mr Ungs contribution to the fight was, I just dont think it is valid to dismiss the eyewitness testimony in the case based on a couple of seconds of blurry surveillance footage.

That is why he has a trial, and possibly rights of appeal if it doesn't work out for him on the first go-around.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    You see a brief slice of an incident that had started a couple minutes earlier.

I dont know what happened and what Mr Ungs contribution to the fight was, I just dont think it is valid to dismiss the eyewitness testimony in the case based on a couple of seconds of blurry surveillance footage.

That is why he has a trial, and possibly rights of appeal if it doesn't work out for him on the first go-around.

Either way when you see the video he's retreating. He's with a female and retreating. The group of guys do not back down while he's still retreating. He pulls out his gun to keep them from advancing towards him and with a gun drawn he is still retreating. He fires when the guy tries to take the gun from him. So it's safe to say that he did everything he could. I dont know how it works when it comes to Philly but he was retreating and he was still attacked. I think he went above and beyond trying not to use the weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom