• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    To all who think this can't happen, I've got news for ya. It ain't the country your Daddy knew. This guy is ( sadly ) "INVINCIBLE", and NO ONE will challenge him!!!!! If I were him, I'd do it.....just to see what the American people are made of.

Actually, I'll tell you what they're made of...except for the 5 million NRA members....they're made of MUSH. They are SHEEPLE. GOD I hope I'm wrong!!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/23/barack-obama-senate-assault-weapons-vote

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    There it is again, didn't even make it past the title.

Both Obama Nd O'Malley keep calling for "commons sense" measures on gun control.

I do not think it means what they think it means.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    While the media wing of gov (MSM) has little covered it, the courts have smacked down the Obama administration over a significant number of things over the last couple years......far more frequently than Shrub and Slick Willy were.

Unless Zippy is ready to pull a coup d'état and install himself as supreme dictator there won't be an exec order wrt semi auto's with certain cosmetic features.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    While the media wing of gov (MSM) has little covered it, the courts have smacked down the Obama administration over a significant number of things over the last couple years......far more frequently than Shrub and Slick Willy were.

Unless Zippy is ready to pull a coup d'état and install himself as supreme dictator there won't be an exec order wrt semi auto's with certain cosmetic features.

Who thinks he does at least think about doing this once a day??? And I bet there would be enough people around him saying he should to make him.....think he could get away with it. Hell it wouldn't even surprise me if some one in his inner inner inner circle has suggested it.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    That might not be as true as Obama would like to believe. In the face of a concerted campaign by the NRA and anti-gun law politicians, public opinion in favour of major controls has actually been dropping. Just after the Newtown massacre – which left 20 children and six adults dead at Sandy Hook elementary school – some 52% of Americans were found to be in favour of major restrictions on guns. But that number has since dropped to 43%, according to a CNN/ORC poll released earlier this week.

I'll take that.

Although, I like how they think the NRA and pro-2a politicians convince US. It's the other way around, jackwagon.

Goateggs

Jan 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    "President Barack Obama on Saturday urged Congress to vote over a ban on controversial military-style assault weapons and restrictions on ammunition, despite widespread predictions that such a vote would fail....Such a move – though likely to be defeated in a vote – would at least force politicians into actually coming out against the new gun control law: a political risk and potential public relations disaster that many might be nervous about."

See, this is why it's a dicey thing to rely on the Guardian for analysis of American politics. The British do not understand our political system AT ALL. If anything, it would be forcing Democrats in semi-blue states like West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Colorado to vote FOR gun control that is the politically risky move. And it highlights Obama's essential narcissism. He doesn't give a rat's rear end about the Democratic party. This is his personal show.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    I would actually like for them to have to put their votes forward and see who bends. But alas, Brother Harry as we know didn't (as predicted) let that happen. He likes his leadership position waayyy too much.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Who thinks he does at least think about doing this once a day??? And I bet there would be enough people around him saying he should to make him.....think he could get away with it. Hell it wouldn't even surprise me if some one in his inner inner inner circle has suggested it.

Like Valerie Jarrett ?

Jarrett became one of President Obama’s (and Mrs. Obama’s) closest and most trusted advisers. An Obama 2008 campaign official told the New York Times, “If you want [Barack Obama] to do something, there are two people [he's] not going to say no to: Valerie Jarrett and Michelle Obama.” Also in 2008, the aforementioned Susan Sher, who had helped Jarrett recruit Michelle Obama to the Chicago mayor’s office in 1991, emphasized “how incredibly instrumental [Jarrett will] be in virtually everything” in the White House.

Barack Obama confirms Jarrett’s tremendous cache with him, personally and politically. In July 2009, Obama told New York Times reporter Robert Draper, “I trust her completely … She is family.” Obama trusts Jarrett “to speak for me, particularly when we’re dealing with delicate issues.” When asked, the President admitted that he runs every decision by her.

“We have kind of a mind meld,” Jarrett said of herself and the President. “And chances are, what he wants to do is what I’d want to do.”

Listen to Jarrett's words on 2/28/13... They sound eerily like those parroted by Obama and Owe'Malley ...

The White House on Gun Control

Verbotene

Lurker Supreme
    Feb 27, 2012
    "President Barack Obama on Saturday urged Congress to vote over a ban on controversial military-style assault weapons and restrictions on ammunition, despite widespread predictions that such a vote would fail....Such a move – though likely to be defeated in a vote – would at least force politicians into actually coming out against the new gun control law: a political risk and potential public relations disaster that many might be nervous about."

See, this is why it's a dicey thing to rely on the Guardian for analysis of American politics. The British do not understand our political system AT ALL. If anything, it would be forcing Democrats in semi-blue states like West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Colorado to vote FOR gun control that is the politically risky move. And it highlights Obama's essential narcissism. He doesn't give a rat's rear end about the Democratic party. This is his personal show.

This. 1000 times. Even though the author acknowledges that public support is waning for these retarded measures, it doesn't seem to have crossed their mind that people other than the NRA actually oppose a new AWB.

Nor do they look at any historical precedent. Was the fallout worse for those who opposed the original AWB? Or those who supported it? Hmmm...

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Common sense, it's for the children, a majority support, lies that the left thinks will come true if they keep saying them.

Here is common sense, every single time you see a horror story on the news about helpless citizens being shot down, remember this, they were likely helpless because they were unarmed.

Even with the number of guns owned by law abiding citizens, think of how much easier it would be for a nut case if there were fewer armed and law abiding citizens.

It is not the guns, it is not law abiding gun owners, it is bad people, period.

Address the problem; it IS ok to say someone is bad and/or crazy, despite what the culturally sensitive may say.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007

Thinking about it and actually doing it are two different things

There are lots of people everywhere that think "impure" thoughts but never act on them for a wide range of reasons.

Bottom line is that the only way Obama could attempt to ban so called AW's would result in a shitstorm of legal action and may even force democrats to oppose himh

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Not exactly true or accurate

NH, Vt are as good as it gets

Maine is far better than Pa

Maybe not 'exactly true or accurate', but close enough for gov'mnt work. Beside jpk1md, we all know that you're trying to lure a following up the great northeast to counter that NH wacko who was trying legislate against the Free State Project.

OBTW ... How much snow do you still have on the ground ? :innocent0

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Maybe not 'exactly true or accurate', but close enough for gov'mnt work. Beside jpk1md, we all know that you're trying to lure a following up the great northeast to counter that NH wacko who was trying legislate against the Free State Project.

OBTW ... How much snow do you still have on the ground ? :innocent0

Not even remotely close :)

All three states are open carry, one is constitutional carry....all three have none of the stupid waiting periods Md and other states have nor to they have the retarded limits on number of guns you can buy/mo......need I go further?

I'm glad to see folks in Md get pissed off enough to get a couple hundred to actually show up in Annapolis this year........we pack the house for every gun bill in NH.....and every time they are forced to move hearings to representatives hall which seats 400+ and can hold close to 600.......

Hate to break it to y'all but our Demotards are more "conservative" than many republicans in Md.

Last week our demotard controlled house voted 322 to 9 against a bill that would restrict open carry.

There are whacko's everywhere.......what qualifies for whacko in NH is sadly the norm for Md politicians.

As for the FSP :thumbsup:

Any group of people that chooses to work "to bring about a society in which government’s maximum role is protecting life, liberty, and property" is a good thing......its pretty tough to argue to the contrary don't you think?

Anyhoo.....yep....we've still got 18-24" on the ground.....the skiing is great right now.

mh53gunner

Dec 17, 2009
    Not exactly true or accurate

NH, Vt are as good as it gets

Maine is far better than Pa

I love visiting Vermont and seeing people open carry and no one pays any attention. Well unless they are from anti gun states like Maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom