• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A_Lemurs_Carbine

Dec 26, 2011
    Jessup
    So... I just got home from my local gun shop.

I went up there to purchase A Gen 4 Glock 17 which would be my first Glock ever and ended up buying 2. The second Glock I purchased is a Talo edition Glock 26 with the NIBX Finish on the slide. I don't think I've ever been happier with a gun purchase :D

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    So... I just got home from my local gun shop.

I went up there to purchase A Gen 4 Glock 17 which would be my first Glock ever and ended up buying 2. The second Glock I purchased is a Talo edition Glock 26 with the NIBX Finish on the slide. I don't think I've ever been happier with a gun purchase :D

Welcome to the dark side. I've been a plastic gun convert since 1995. I've got 3 now and am looking for another. Put a ton of rounds downrange and send us a range report.

A_Lemurs_Carbine

Dec 26, 2011
    Jessup
    Does anyone have any recommendations on ammo? I read that the newer "gen 4" springs need hotter loads or has this been fixed? or does the spring Assembly just need a break in period? like I said New to Glocks all around...

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    Seems to differ slightly from gun to gun. My Gen4 works flawlessly with any ammo. I usually run federal or WWB 115 through it for target practice. If yours is going to have problems, it's going to have them no matter what you do, seemingly. I'd be willing to bet you'll be just fine though.

Last edited:

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Does anyone have any recommendations on ammo? I read that the newer "gen 4" springs need hotter loads or has this been fixed? or does the spring Assembly just need a break in period? like I said New to Glocks all around...

You should be able to shoot anything out of a Glock. If you have trouble with ejection, get the spring replaced with an older version.

A_Lemurs_Carbine

Dec 26, 2011
    Jessup

Attachments

• DSC02078.jpg
      DSC02078.jpg
      64.3 KB · Views: 221
    • DSC02081.jpg
      DSC02081.jpg
      63.1 KB · Views: 224

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008

Nice. Are you going to carry it (out of state of course:sad20:)? If so, you might want to ditch the +2 mag extension. It's nice for range use, but you might as well carry your 17 with the way the mag sticks out. I bought my 26 specifically for hot weather carry in Florida with t shirt and shorts. The 26 with stock mag disappears in a Crossbreed supertuck holster. Also, a Glock 17 or 19 mag makes a nice extended grip and is a perfect back up mag.

A_Lemurs_Carbine

Dec 26, 2011
    Jessup
    Nice. Are you going to carry it (out of state of course:sad20:)? If so, you might want to ditch the +2 mag extension. It's nice for range use, but you might as well carry your 17 with the way the mag sticks out. I bought my 26 specifically for hot weather carry in Florida with t shirt and shorts. The 26 with stock mag disappears in a Crossbreed supertuck holster. Also, a Glock 17 or 19 mag makes a nice extended grip and is a perfect back up mag.

its actually not the 2+ extension its only the pinky grip... I wanted the 2+ but they didn't have them in stock lol. Thanks for the heads up tho!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom