• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    WOW, SHOCKER ...

wtf_workaholics.gif

nooooooooooot .... bot established parties are destroyers of liberty, nuttin' new here ....

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    So why in the hell do some of you keep voting for these a**holes? Yeah, yeah, the lesser of two evils (like Romney). Well, that's what we've been getting for decades.

Are you finally tired of it? You want real change? The good news is your freedom and liberty are up to you. The bad news? You guessed it - your freedom and liberty are up to YOU.

Better start supporting liberty minded candidates who are coming out of the woodwork and standing up to defend YOUR rights, not just the 2A but the whole enchilada - the Bill of Rights - unalienable. Wake up and stop giving these jerks from BOTH parties your support! The establishment politicians are bought and paid for and have been for years!

There, now I feel better...sorry for the rant.:)

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Conservatives either need to take back control of both parties from the Progressives.

Or the remaining JFK Democrats and Reagan Republicans need to move pronto to the TEA Party or start a New 3rd Party for Conservatives and run by Conservatives.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Careful with this guys, I read the comments by McCarthy and he said nothing about GOP leadership supporting gun control. There is tension between factions in the GOP and this seems like an attempt to stir up some tension further, the GOP would gain nothing by supporting gun control and they know it. They are letting the Democrats walk the plank on that issue, the more they talk the deeper they dig

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    Spin.

The original article, cited by the Examiner, is here:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...rule-out-passage-of-bills-without-gop-support

There is nothing in there that says the GOP is "hinting at support for gun control". The quote is:

Asked on CNN Sunday if more breaches of the Hastert rule on topics including gun control and immigration reform are possible if bills come over from the Senate, McCarthy didn't answer the question directly, pointing to Boehner’s comments earlier in the week.

“The speaker says he wants to, if you listen to his press conference the other day, he will pass bills that the House passes,” said McCarthy on CNN’s "State of the Union." “He'll pass bills that the Republicans are moving forward.”

There is no reference directly to a party breach over gun control...the line of questioning seems to be pointed more toward immigration reform.

I'm not saying it's impossible...just that it's highly unlikely. Republican support for any kind of serious gun control would destroy the party as we know it. 2A is the last issue that truly rallies people behind the party. On most other things, they have largely lost the support of the common people, partly due to the Dubya Years, partly due to stone-age ideals on social issues.

I would not be surprised to see something pass for NICS checks for private sales. And honestly I don't have a problem with it. But I don't see Boner or his ilk supporting any kind of weapon or magazine ban.

(Yes, I intentionally misspelled it)

It is sad that support for the Bill of Rights can only be found in one party. Whatever happened to the Libertarian Democrats? I think there is real room in this country for a party that is "moderately progressive", that wants the government to "do more" but knows how to stop short of treading on people's rights.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Conservatives either need to take back control of both parties from the Progressives.

Or the remaining JFK Democrats and Reagan Republicans need to move pronto to the TEA Party or start a New 3rd Party for Conservatives and run by Conservatives.

Federal spending went up and Gov grew during Reagan's term, he also supported the AWB and was a Fudd. Good President overall but the future is guys like Rand Paul.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011

The Neocons can stay in the GOP, thank you. By conservative, are you are talking Barry Goldwater conservative? I hope so.:cool:

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    Careful with this guys, I read the comments by McCarthy and he said nothing about GOP leadership supporting gun control. There is tension between factions in the GOP and this seems like an attempt to stir up some tension further, the GOP would gain nothing by supporting gun control and they know it. They are letting the Democrats walk the plank on that issue, the more they talk the deeper they dig
    :thumbsup:This

Media hates the 2 Amendment their goal is to divide and conquer they are selling a story that the secretly the GOP supports gun control but are being strong armed by the evil NRA..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom