• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N00bSh00ter

Feb 6, 2014
    MoCo
    We've had a good experience working with Potomac Security (301-767-0039). We used a chain company at our previous house and it was a mess. The original company sold our contract to a company with an F Better Business Bureau rating and the contract was written in a way that you had a very short window between the expiration of the contract and auto-renewal. We ended up having to pay to get out of the contract when we moved. While it cost us more up front (for the equipment) to go with a local company this time, we like that there is no contract and we could change monitoring companies if we wanted. There were a couple of other small companies in MoCo that had high ratings on Consumer Checkbook etc. Ultimately, Potomac gave us the best price and seemed to be the nicest (there was another that is supposed to be good, but I was put off by the demeanor of the sales people).

Thanks for the excellent tip! This was exactly the advice I was looking for. I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gokage

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 29, 2014
    Central MD
    A dog is a better investment than a "security system"...

Until your dog gets shot. A security system is better than nothing but also make sure your firearm is secure. Since you're a Maryland resident, I'm sure you don't have a CCW so your gun will stay home when you're out and about. You want a good, fireproof gun case for it. When you get one, bolt that sucker down to something that cannot be destroyed to rip it up. The biggest mistake people make is buying a gun cabinet and never bolting it down. I can literally carry my gun cabinet out of my house with all the guns in it if it wasn't bolted down. I have quite the collection... It's not difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom