• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MdShooter1

Oct 7, 2020
    Just picked up a Tasco ProPoint, model# TRD130T, for $32.50 at Walmart in Easton MD. It’s a 1x30 tube style, red 5 MOA dot, and comes with very nice mounting hardware, battery and lens covers. The dot is very round and very sharp. It has 11 brightness levels and the control is very functional, meaning there is a smooth and even graduation between brightness levels, and at 11 it is very bright. The windage and elevation adjustment controls are capped, and have an audible click and a very tactile feel. Much better than I would have expected at this price range. Even though it’s listed at 5 MOA, at the lower brightness settings the dot is almost as small as my 3 MOA red dots. It’s only been on my new Winchester Wildcat 22lr rimfire, so I can’t speak to how much recoil it can take, but so far this has been the biggest bang for the buck of any optic I’ve bought.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Just picked up a Tasco ProPoint, model# TRD130T, for $32.50 at Walmart in Easton MD. It’s a 1x30 tube style, red 5 MOA dot, and comes with very nice mounting hardware, battery and lens covers. The dot is very round and very sharp. It has 11 brightness levels and the control is very functional, meaning there is a smooth and even graduation between brightness levels, and at 11 it is very bright. The windage and elevation adjustment controls are capped, and have an audible click and a very tactile feel. Much better than I would have expected at this price range. Even though it’s listed at 5 MOA, at the lower brightness settings the dot is almost as small as my 3 MOA red dots. It’s only been on my new Winchester Wildcat 22lr rimfire, so I can’t speak to how much recoil it can take, but so far this has been the biggest bang for the buck of any optic I’ve bought.

That's a great price. Amazon wants $43.50 for the same thing. How do you like that Winchester?

MdShooter1

Oct 7, 2020
    That's a great price. Amazon wants $43.50 for the same thing. How do you like that Winchester?

The Winchester is great for what it is. I just needed a good 22 plinker because it was getting way too expensive to shoot my other rifles just for fun, and I like to shoot for fun! It has a picatinny rail molded into the top of the receiver, and Skinner style peep sights, which I prefer, instead of open sights. I've only had it maybe a month, and with the weather we've been having I've only taken it to the range twice. Fired a total of about 200 rounds through and had no issues at all. I watched a lot of YouTube reviews before I bought the gun, and from my experience so far, I'd say they're all pretty accurate.

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV

How goes the Tasco ProPoint compare to the TRUGLO 30mm Red Dot Sight?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Specs won't tell you if its going to lose zero or have the contacts on the knob come undone, cheap metal screws snap etc.. I"ve had a number of inexpensive red dots fail on me. Some I purchased early on, others were part of a firearms deal. what are the reviews by people who have had this for a long time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom