• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Too broad and too subjective . There are a plethora of excellent choices , and comes down to what is best for you , in your hands .

To somewhat answer your question , I can report what are the hottest sellers right now , per my FFL friends, in no particular order :
    Hellcat
    P365
    Shields
    Various mini Glocks , especially the 43X

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I have the hellcat and it's nice. But my more favorite 1 is the HK P30K . fits my hand like a glove.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I have more shields coming through then Glock 43 and sig 365
    What method of carry will/should also be a consideration. Outside waist band you can carry almost anything especially if you don’t care about printing. Pocket carry is a whole different animal. Of the few I have which way I’m carrying that day will dictate which gun.

overdose

Nov 2, 2017
    Hellcat is nice, shoots pretty good for such a small gun. I prefer the grip on the shield plus though

shekaar

Apr 26, 2018
    Hellcat is nice, shoots pretty good for such a small gun. I prefer the grip on the shield plus though
    I'm going to try to shoot one, I love the looks of the Hellcat, which admittedly does affect my decision when looking at firearms!

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I have the Glock 27 which I like and a S&WSD40VE which is comfortable as well. I find myself carring my G27 and or my SW about 50/50 when I use my Utah permit in Delaware. I also have a 1911 but that is to big to hide but I do open carry sometimes in DE with it.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Sig P320 Compact and the M18 while bigger overall guns have fullsize grip with smaller barrels. Bigger than the P365 but smaller than the bigger P320s/m17

shekaar

Apr 26, 2018
    Sig P320 Compact and the M18 while bigger overall guns have fullsize grip with smaller barrels. Bigger than the P365 but smaller than the bigger P320s/m17
    I had a P226 several years ago and like Sig in general. Might have to look into the P320 compact and see how I like it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

Just like the widths of neckties , and women's headlines , it's cyclical fashions . Long bbl/ small handle , short bbl/ big handle , and back & forth every 10 years . Throw in slim vs fat in each combination .

shekaar

Apr 26, 2018
    I saw the Freestate gun range has a list of rentals published on their site, which includes some nice carry options. They're probably the closest range to me, so I'm thinking that's my next stop to get some testing done. Definitely trying out the Hellcat.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I saw the Freestate gun range has a list of rentals published on their site, which includes some nice carry options. They're probably the closest range to me, so I'm thinking that's my next stop to get some testing done. Definitely trying out the Hellcat.
    Bel Air Gun range is a little further north and smaller if you find Free State to be less accommodating.

shekaar

Apr 26, 2018
    Bel Air Gun range is a little further north and smaller if you find Free State to be less accommodating.
    I might check them out too. It's been years since I've been to Freestate, but I do remember it gets pretty packed in there.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    My current pocket carry is the Ruger LCP-II. The Pachmayr glove makes a huge difference.

Attachments

• IMG_2038.jpeg
      IMG_2038.jpeg
      305.4 KB · Views: 71

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads