Greetings from Virginia Gun Owners Forum (VGOF)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Funbrit

May 28, 2008
    Rockville
    Welcome, I wasn't aware of these boards, I hunt in VA and am a member of the IWLA-Arlington-Fairfax due to their excellent gun\skeet\trap and indoor bow ranges, looks I will be a regular visitor to your board also.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Background checks for gun buys taking longer

Prospective gun buyers in Virginia are waiting longer for background checks to clear their firearms purchases.

Gun advocates say the waits -- which, in some cases, used to take a matter of minutes -- can now take several hours to several days depending on the time and location of the purchases.

"This is not acceptable," said Philip Van Cleave, president of the pro-gun nonprofit group, Virginia Citizens Defense League.

The Virginia State Police, the agency that administers the checks, acknowledges that there has been an increase in processing time.

Officials say it is tied to increased demand for firearms at the same time that budget and funding constraints have reduced the number of staffers available to handle the transactions.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/n...litics/article/GUNS04_20100403-221407/334988/

Sep 16, 2009
    Welcome and Greetings! Are you going to the 2nd Amendment Rally April 19 in Washington DC ?

VaGunFo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2010
    Virginia

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    Yep - and I live about 5 miles from Maryland, so I do have occasion to come your way. Unfortunately, I have to totally disarm before doing so.

welcome! I live about 5-10 minutes from Mayland as well depending which bus I get stuck behind on Rt 1...

FYI, I purchased 3 handguns in the last 2 weeks, all checks came back within seconds of them submitting them online.

ezliving

Besieger
    Oct 9, 2008
    Undisclosed Secure Location
    Oh, ohhh.... I think I started something.... :innocent0

Welcome to MD Shooters.

One of the nice features for members on the VA Gun Owners Forum are avatars for being a member of certain organizations, like NRA, GOA, etc. Could one be added for Maryland Shall Issue?

VaGunFo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2010
    Virginia
    Oh, ohhh.... I think I started something.... :innocent0

Welcome to MD Shooters.

One of the nice features for members on the VA Gun Owners Forum are avatars for being a member of certain organizations, like NRA, GOA, etc. Could one be added for Maryland Shall Issue?

That implementation was a PITA lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom