• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anthony C

Nov 13, 2008
    Bel Air
    I wouldn't mind going if I didn't have something else I had to do. The only pieces I'd be even remotely interested in are the S&W Model 41 7" and the Ruger No. 1 in .22-250, and even then only if I could get them for a really good price.

I went back up on sunday to take a look at the rimfire pistols. And they couldn't find the Model 41, lol. I was considering going on wednesday to try to get a cheap .22 but there seemed to be a lot of interested in them. I heard at lease 5 people ask where the model 41 was.

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Just got back...........it wasn't over, still barking for Guns. Folk were bidding above retail on the reloading components & Ammo :sad20:

I walked out with zip!

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    I can't believe that auction... people were buying reloading supplies at well over list value. In addition to what they paid there was a 10% auction charge, 6% sales tax, 3% credit card fee, and $35/gun transfer and $15/gun after the first one.

A few people got some good deals on common firearms, but everything else was high. I think most people didn't know what they were bidding on and were just trying to show off their money.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    My last few auctions I attended went about the same way, and that is why I skipped this one. What did the Lugers go for?

terryhimself

Oct 19, 2008
    Bel Air
    I think it was $750.00 and $950.00 for the Lugers. The one Mauser Broomhandle that went for $1100.00 did not even function when I checked it on Sunday.

Sep 16, 2009
    A lot of the bids were "internet" bids so I have to question the validity of some of the bidding. A lot of games are played by auctioneers sometimes. There was a big crowd there. Some people paid too much for some of this stuff. Nothing was a bargain, I have seen better deals at gun shows. On the otherhand, it is good to see that gun ownership is alive and well and that there are a lot of second amendment minded people out there spending hard earned money.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    haha, you guys must not go to many gun auctions if you expect guns to sell cheap at them, guys will happily run guns up and over retail prices (1600.00 1919 parts kit at the last one i went to). But most of them, the accessories dont bring jack.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Only once did I go to an auction that was great. Here is a copy of a post on another forum I made 11-12-2003 Auction in Frederick Md.

Went to a auction today thinking I might get a nice Russian SKS. Wish I brought more money. You guys that really collect would of gone nuts!!! http://www.troutauctions.com/11nov03.htm
    Prices were very low, wish I recorded what all the stuff went for. But what sticks in my mind, NIB Norinco Mak, get this, you'll S**T. Just $50, Maadi postban $175, Norinco underfolder $800, Norinco Toks NIB $60-$75, M1A1's (NIB) preban $700- $1000 (Nat match)
    I took $600 just thinkin' SKS. Spent $1500. (borrowed $$$ from Buddy)
    This is what I got; SAR48 preban FAL $750
    Israeli K98 $100 (listed as Russian) They had several new blond stocks with grey park finish, barrel looks new.
    1954 Russian SKS $140
    1955 Lee Enfield $110 you know those in the wrap, blond stocks that came in ten years back.
    1960 East German Mak $100, two mags
    Needed FAL mags and had to buy a whole box 22 mags $110.
    Mis. books
    Just look at the list, kinda wants to make you cry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom