• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Does anyone have any information about these guys?
    They are inside a store front for crabbing and fishing on route 2 across from the old Giant building. His name is Jonathan Nowicki. $45 transfers for lowers and handguns and $35 for long guns.
    He talks fairly slow and was not terribly opinionated and knew absolutely nothing about the untraceable gun bill but does do engraving. He is a FFL 07 and class III dealer.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Are they good to deal with is what I wanted to say. They do transfers so I hope they’re a gun dealer. Someone just told me they are the old bay country guns that was across the street from trick trucks.

chillman

Sep 20, 2012
    Annapolis
    Are they good to deal with is what I wanted to say. They do transfers so I hope they’re a gun dealer. Someone just told me they are the old bay country guns that was across the street from trick trucks.

They are Gun Runners Arsenal located inside of Bay Country Crabbing Supply. Bay Country used to be across from Trick Trucks, when they moved to the new location they added the gun business. I have done a few transfers with them with no problems. S and S guns in Huntingtown is a good option too.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    There was a guy in DC that ran guns down to Mexico on a large scale. I can’t name names but his initials are BHO.

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    That is the son of Wayne Nowicki the owner of the old Select-Fire in Glen Burnie. I hear Wayne passed away late last year.

Roksfr

Ardent Safety Training
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 14, 2020
    Southern AA
    Great guys highly recommend them for transfers, also well stocked for all your fishing needs and some archery.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Thanks guys, he mentioned an odd way to do transfers from online retailers. ?
    I think you pay for the transfers before ordering from the retailer? I'll call him.

Mike H

Jan 9, 2013
    Nice to heat the recommendations or good reviews for a local FFL. I'm also curious about the transfer process. I stopped in last Saturday and asked if I saw a gun I liked online somewhere, and Gun Runners Arsenal was listed as a FFL on their website, would it be OK to order it as long as I contacted them first thing next businees day -- his answer was that I had to come in and "pay for the gun and sign a contract."

DeadInside

MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2022
    SOMD
    Nice to heat the recommendations or good reviews for a local FFL. I'm also curious about the transfer process. I stopped in last Saturday and asked if I saw a gun I liked online somewhere, and Gun Runners Arsenal was listed as a FFL on their website, would it be OK to order it as long as I contacted them first thing next businees day -- his answer was that I had to come in and "pay for the gun and sign a contract."

Having to "pay for the gun and sign a contract” doesn’t sound right to me. I have bought several long guns on line using a couple local to me FFLs and all I ever need to do (when they are listed as a participating FFL on the website) is give the FFL a call and heads up I have a gun coming in. They then give me a call when it arrives and I head down, pay the transfer fee (usually $30), do the NICS and pick it up.

If the FFL you want to use is not listed on the sellers website you need to see if the FFL will get their FFL info to the seller so the seller can then ship to them. At least this process has worked fine for me. Good luck with it.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Likely the contract provides explicit procedures to cover situations like when the transferee can’t take possession. I understand, but it also reeks of tediousness.

I had a 30 second conversation with the counter guy in Bay Country, perhaps he was having a bad day, but it put me off enough I haven’t bothered going back. I asked a simple question and got a dismissive condescending response.

RS guns on eastern shore has this in their transfer terms. It makes me give serious pause to use them, but honestly I would have something similar if in the business.

If the customer fails the background check or is denied for any reason is it there responsibility to arrange return and refund. In the rare instance that the customer is unable to arrange return of firearms, RS Shooting Sports has the option to sell the firearm at a price we determine. a 20% commission will be charged. The customer may not have any influence over locating new buyers, this is to avoid a straw purchase.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    A friend has done a few transfers there. It is my understanding from him that the ownership of Bay Country Crabbing and Gun Runner is split between at least a couple of guys. The guy that does the gun business also has another job and he needs to be there to do the transfers. Just because you pull up and they are open doesn't necessarily mean the guy is there that can do the transfers. He was told they are getting that ironed out but that was their status as of yesterday (my friend has been trying to pick up a Beretta Carbine he bought online and had shipped there for the transfer).

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    A friend has done a few transfers there. It is my understanding from him that the ownership of Bay Country Crabbing and Gun Runner is split between at least a couple of guys. The guy that does the gun business also has another job and he needs to be there to do the transfers. Just because you pull up and they are open doesn't necessarily mean the guy is there that can do the transfers. He was told they are getting that ironed out but that was their status as of yesterday (my friend has been trying to pick up a Beretta Carbine he bought online and had shipped there for the transfer).
    He asked me if I wanted to work there. Just not a fan driving from Glen Burnie.

Badger1

MDS Supporter
    Jun 21, 2017
    Thanks guys, he mentioned an odd way to do transfers from online retailers. ?
    I think you pay for the transfers before ordering from the retailer? I'll call him.

Having to "pay for the gun and sign a contract” doesn’t sound right to me.
    Just called, he said you have to come down to pay for the transfer and sign a contract before he will send his FFL.

Two trips is already a pain, why does he feel the need to add one more? Was he really having that many problems?

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Just called, he said you have to come down to pay for the transfer and sign a contract before he will send his FFL.

Two trips is already a pain, why does he feel the need to add one more? Was he really having that many problems?
    That is a pain, and he's going to lose business because of it. I recently switched my primary FFL to another business for a few reasons.

1. They are physically closer to my home and easier to get to
    2. Their FFL transfer fees are a good bit less
    3. They don't have stipulations about "Regular transfers are $50 if you fill out an FFL transfer form. Transfers are $100 if you do not fill out an FFL transfer form!"

#3 is the kind of BS don't need to deal with. I get that it might make things a bit of a pain for them, but some people don't buy guns every day and may not know, they might forget, or whatever - they shouldn't penalized an additional $50 because they don't know any better.

I found that statement on the website to be very off-putting, and it was the primary reason I decided to no longer use them as my main FFL. They have offered pretty good service at other points, but they don't have a monopoly on good service. I can find good service elsewhere and not have to deal with an arbitrary rule about double-charging a transfer fee if I forget to fill out a 77R prior to coming in.

Getting back to this other place near Annapolis, although these days it may not really put a dent in their bottom line if someone opts not to use them - after all, gun businesses are kind of booming these days - I'm still not going to put up with anything that causes me extra PITA.

bigmike349

Jun 26, 2013
    looks like the gun runner's FB page stopped posting this spring and now they are referred to as "bay country guns" with a new FB page. Was this just a name change for the existing store or did the ownership change?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom