• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    Hey guys - I hope this question was not already asked, but If it was I was not able to find the answer. What I was able to find is that if I am a Harford County resident, the LEO that I will need to notify that I have applied for my C&R is the Harford County Sheriff Jesse L Bane. The location I need to go to is 45 South Main Street, Bel Air, MD 21014. Now, my question is do I just walk in and explain to the front desk why I am there, and hand them over the copy of my C&R App?

Thanks in Advance!

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    OK awesome. Should I enclose a letter of intent or is the copy of the atf app enough.

And do I mail it Attn: Sheriff Jesse L Bane.

Sorry if these questions sound like I am making this too complicated I just want to make sure I am doing everything correct

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    OK awesome. Should I enclose a letter of intent or is the copy of the atf app enough.

And do I mail it Attn: Sheriff Jesse L Bane.

Sorry if these questions sound like I am making this too complicated I just want to make sure I am doing everything correct

It's good to ask questions. I included a short letter explaining what it was and that there was no action required on their part.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    This is what I sent:

Dear Sheriff Tregoning:

I am applying for a Curios and Relics Federal Firearms License (C&R FFL).

As per ATF regulations, enclosed is a signed copy of ATF F 5300.36 notifying you of my intent to do so.

A C&R FFL is not a regular dealer FFL, and will not allow me to operate as a dealer. It is simply for collecting certain firearms defined as curios or relics by the BATF.

Form F 5300.36 requires no action on your part.

Sincerely,

eruby

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    Thanks Everyone - and thanks eruby....I sent my C&R app in today and my CLEO copy and letter of intent just as you recommended.

I have heard the turn around time is around 2 weeks to 4 weeks, is that accurate? I am extremely excited about this!!

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Thanks Everyone - and thanks eruby....I sent my C&R app in today and my CLEO copy and letter of intent just as you recommended.

I have heard the turn around time is around 2 weeks to 4 weeks, is that accurate? I am extremely excited about this!!

Lately the turn arounds from what I have seen have been that fast for a lot of folks... a few years ago when I applied it was just over 3 months.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    This.....
    Oh, and how big is your safe? You're going to need a bigger safe. ;)

Sorry for the Delay! The bank account is good to go for now...Ill post an update in the weeks following the delivery of my C&R.

Yes I am actually saving for a bigger safe now, looking to get a liberty or something like that. probably a 36-42, but probably the 42 gun

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    Just as an update for those interested it wait times, I have not received my C&R packet yet. Its been just over a month since I submitted. I have not checked the mail today

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    It got mine in three weeks a couple of years ago. It's been as short as four weeks lately. As soon as you stop thinking about it, it will magically show up. :)

See if/when the check was cashed. If it was cashed within a week after mailing, that's a good sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom