• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Seems to me the "Law of the Splintered Paddle" calls for the Hawai'i government to step aside and grant the rights to the people that are theirs

Countless stories abound in Hawaiian folklore of the removal of chiefs – generally, but not always, through popular execution – as a result of mistreatment of the common people, who have traditionally been intolerant of bad government. Both a shrewd politician and leader, as well as a skilled warrior, Kamehameha used these concepts to turn what could have been a point of major popular criticism to his political advantage, while protecting the human rights of his people for future generations

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Who/What is the enforcement arm of SCOTUS when any local, state or fed gov decides to just ignore SCOTUS?
    On smaller scale, US Marshal Service. Who knows what would happen on a statewide scale; especially where the locals are in opposition to SCOTUS

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    A president like Trump could declare a rogue state to be in insurrection and say Posse Comitatus doesn't apply and the military is free to be used. Posse Comitatus already doesn't apply to the Coast Guard.

win296

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    I am not a lawyer, but I did try reading the decision. The decision says the defendant did not apply for a carry permit, so Bruen decision does not apply.

If someone who understands legal documents better than I, please correct me if I’m wrong.

Not a win, but not a disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    On smaller scale, US Marshal Service. Who knows what would happen on a statewide scale; especially where the locals are in opposition to SCOTUS

On it's face, nothing.
    As it should be DOJ followed by the POTUS.
    Absent the above...
    Right...and we know how the DoJ and subordinate organizations (of which US Marshal Service is one) are run these days....

SCOTUS works only if everyone agrees to follow the rules (COTUS) and abide by SCOTUS rulings.

Here we have Hawaii saying, "nah, bro - fornicate SCOTUS. The Bruen ruling is meaningless and 2a is NOT an individual's right because WE say so." That bit about 2A goes beyond this specific case and defendant and touches every gun owner in that state.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    They’re just slow about posting. It’s aloha!

posted 58 minutes before I took this image and couple hours after FPC posted their twit

IMG_2746.png

I just checked the Hawaii Firearms Coalition website and social media page snd there is nothing about this on either... Odd

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Seems to me the "Law of the Splintered Paddle" calls for the Hawai'i government to step aside and grant the rights to the people that are theirs
    ^^^^^
    This!! Especially since it is in their state constitution

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom