• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knuc

Apr 1, 2009
    Allegany County
    Just spoke with Michael Simgiel on face book he said "That they are five signatures from being able to petition the bill out to the floor. They have all the Republicans and seven or eight Democrats. We need to give the republicans another round of E-mails and phone calls.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Just spoke with Michael Simgiel on face book he said "That they are five signatures from being able to petition the bill out to the floor. They have all the Republicans and seven or eight Democrats. We need to give the republicans another round of E-mails and phone calls.

Just saw it myself this morning. Five lousy signatures. Guys, it's time for at least one more round of emails and phone calls. Delegate Smigiel is pulling out all the stops for us, let's do the same for him.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county

Umm...just to check, we should be calling democrats correct?

If the republicans have already signed on we shouldn't be bugging them....

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Umm...just to check, we should be calling democrats correct?

If the republicans have already signed on we shouldn't be bugging them....

Yes. I think we've pretty much tapped out the supply on the minority party and now we need to engage the other side of the aisle.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    MAN! WE MADE A DIFFERENCE! :party29:

Mar 30, 2010 07:16:22 PM, Aaron.Jones@mlis.state.md.us wrote:

March 30, 2010
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    Thank you for your letter concerning H.B. 52 and the Floor Petition which is being circulated to bring this bill out of Committee for a vote on the House Floor.

The Maryland Constitution allows for a petition to be circulated bringing certain legislation to the House Floor if it receives at least 47 signatures by delegates favoring the legislation.

I believe we have enough support for this bill, and I will be heading the petition to bring this bill to the House Floor.

Again, I would like to thank you for your steadfast support of this bill and bills which support the rights of gun owners. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me at JB.Jennings@house.state.md.us or my office at 410-841-3698.
    Sincerely,
    J.B. Jennings
    Member, House of Delegates

Arcticwolf

Certified Brute
    May 28, 2008
    MAN! WE MADE A DIFFERENCE! :party29:

Mar 30, 2010 07:16:22 PM, Aaron.Jones@mlis.state.md.us wrote:

March 30, 2010
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    Thank you for your letter concerning H.B. 52 and the Floor Petition which is being circulated to bring this bill out of Committee for a vote on the House Floor.

The Maryland Constitution allows for a petition to be circulated bringing certain legislation to the House Floor if it receives at least 47 signatures by delegates favoring the legislation.

I believe we have enough support for this bill, and I will be heading the petition to bring this bill to the House Floor.

Again, I would like to thank you for your steadfast support of this bill and bills which support the rights of gun owners. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me at JB.Jennings@house.state.md.us or my office at 410-841-3698.
    Sincerely,
    J.B. Jennings
    Member, House of Delegates

Yippi Ki Yay :D

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I just spoke with Andi Morony in Simgiel's office and she said it is definitely worth emailing again. She is not sure if the signature number has been reached yet.

The avalanche (her word) of emails is really getting noticed and is the reason, per Andi, that the effort is still going strong even now.

If you can separate emails by Dem/Repub, great. If not Andi thinks its better to send to all.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    I just spoke with Andi Morony in Simgiel's office and she said it is definitely worth emailing again. She is not sure if the signature number has been reached yet.

The avalanche (her word) of emails is really getting noticed and is the reason, per Andi, that the effort is still going strong even now.

If you can separate emails by Dem/Repub, great. If not Andi thinks its better to send to all.

Time for round 2 - here is the link again if anyone lost it;

http://www.ksconline.net/

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Is there a cross-filed bill on the Senate side? Or is this just an exercise in gearing up the masses?

Either way, I just sent some polite requests.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Is there a cross-filed bill on the Senate side? Or is this just an exercise in gearing up the masses?

Either way, I just sent some polite requests.

Nothing in the Senate, and if they didn't get the minimum number of signatures by end of business yesterday, HB52 isn't guaranteed a crossover to the Senate should it pass the House.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom