• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    Sent email to all Delegates this time not just my District 15.
    Got back 6 form letters so far.
    One said "Been there, done that"

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Any further word on this bill? Were our efforts helpful and have the 10 votes been secured? I'm curious as Monday is "crossover day" correct? Is this the do or die day for the respective chambers to cross to the other?

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Any further word on this bill? Were our efforts helpful and have the 10 votes been secured? I'm curious as Monday is "crossover day" correct? Is this the do or die day for the respective chambers to cross to the other?
    CROSSOVER DATE

Monday, March 29, is the 76th day of the 2010 session and thus the date by which each chamber is to send to the other chamber those bills it intends to pass favorably. Opposite chamber bills received after this date are subject to referral to the Rules Committees in each chamber.

http://mlis.state.md.us/2010rs/Wrap_up/current_issue.pdf Page 1.

jac43k

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Taneytown, MD
    I sent emails to JUDICIARY COMMITTEE, CIVIL LAW & PROCEDURE SUBCOMMITTEE, CRIMINAL JUSTICE SUBCOMMITTEE, House and Senate, fingers X
    this is what I sent:

As a member of your constituency I ask that you support these bills which repeal the requirement for a law abiding citizen to obtain a concealed weapons permit and allows persons with other states weapons permits to carry their weapons legally into Maryland. Law abiding citizens with concealed weapons permits do not obtain them for purposes of committing nefarious acts, but do so in order to better protect themselves and those close to them. A criminal can buy a gun without going through the same channels, go out and commit their crime, get a plea for a lighter sentence by a prosecutor, and be out on the street buying another illegal gun. We need to focus on the real problems and closely look at the Criminal Statute which remains inadequate for preventing crime and deterring criminals. The legislature needs to impose new laws which assures that criminals are sentenced to the time they deserve and prosecutors are limited in their ability to plea bargain with criminals, especially repeat violent offenders.
    This is from MSNBC
    The highest gun homicide rate is in Washington, D.C., which has had the nation’s strictest gun-control laws for years and bans concealed carry: 20.50 deaths per 100,000 population, five times the general rate. The lowest rate, 1.12, is in Utah

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Any word on where HB52 stands this Monday morning? Is it to late, (pointless), to contact my delegates?

No word since Saturday. I think they stayed in session pretty late on Saturday (which is pretty unusual in itself).

It can't hurt to send another round today.....

vette97

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2008
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Nice!!!

Thank you for writing. I have had just about 1,000 people from around the State and Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and several other states, send e-mails requesting that I sign the petition to bring HB 52 out of committee and to the House floor. I was glad to sign that petition and just hope it makes a difference in moving that bill on.

Sincerely,

Nancy R. Stocksdale

I figured she would sign it, but to receive emails from 1,000 people is good news.

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    Mar 29, 2010 01:54:04 PM, Don.Dwyer@house.state.md.us wrote:

===========================================

Thanks for your email. I am the first to sign the petition to move HB 52 out of committee. I will continue to support this and all other legislation which will uphold our Constitutional Second Amendment.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Delegates Bromwell and Schuler have signed on to support HB52. Now we need no more than eight signatures. Can someone get an update from Smigiel?

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    I just got a real paper letter in the mail from Pat McDonough (7th district)

Pat McDonough said:
    Thank you for taking the time to reiterate your support for House Bill 52 which would allow reciprocity to carry a firearm in Maryland with our surrounding states. I signed on to the petition earlier this week and will fight vigorously to present this before the full House of Delegates.

If I may be of any assistance to you in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me.

Serving the people,
    [signed in blue ink]
    Pat McDonough,
    Your Delegate

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I sent emails to JUDICIARY COMMITTEE, CIVIL LAW & PROCEDURE SUBCOMMITTEE, CRIMINAL JUSTICE SUBCOMMITTEE, House and Senate, fingers X
    this is what I sent:

As a member of your constituency I ask that you support these bills which repeal the requirement for a law abiding citizen to obtain a concealed weapons permit and allows persons with other states weapons permits to carry their weapons legally into Maryland. Law abiding citizens with concealed weapons permits do not obtain them for purposes of committing nefarious acts, but do so in order to better protect themselves and those close to them. A criminal can buy a gun without going through the same channels, go out and commit their crime, get a plea for a lighter sentence by a prosecutor, and be out on the street buying another illegal gun. We need to focus on the real problems and closely look at the Criminal Statute which remains inadequate for preventing crime and deterring criminals. The legislature needs to impose new laws which assures that criminals are sentenced to the time they deserve and prosecutors are limited in their ability to plea bargain with criminals, especially repeat violent offenders.
    This is from MSNBC
    The highest gun homicide rate is in Washington, D.C., which has had the nation’s strictest gun-control laws for years and bans concealed carry: 20.50 deaths per 100,000 population, five times the general rate. The lowest rate, 1.12, is in Utah

VERY well said! :thumbsup:

MH

jhason

Jan 29, 2009
    MontCo
    Here is the last update from FaceBook:

Fans of HB 52: Maryland Recognition of Out of State Concealed Carry Permits Update on HB-52 petition. We have all the republicans signed up and one democrat Del. Weir, so please direct all future calls to the democratic members we need 10 more to have enough to petition the bill to the floor. This is working because I heard one democratic delegate saying to Chairman Vallario "please, vote out HB-52 so they will stop!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom