• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    That and the tube magazine on all of their rifles is a turn off. They need side loading ports. They just scream Marlin/Glenfield Model 60 in the current configuration.

Good God, Man

At least put a period correct scope on it.

Double Amen here.

I was asking about a .22 rifle with a side loading port the other day right here on the forums, only to be informed that no such rifle exists. :sad20:

And I have a scope on one of my leverguns, but it is an old weaver that does not look "tactical."

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Double Amen here.

I was asking about a .22 rifle with a side loading port the other day right here on the forums, only to be informed that no such rifle exists. :sad20:

And I have a scope on one of my leverguns, but it is an old weaver that does not look "tactical."

If you want 'period correct', buy a Cimarron or Uberti replica, but I bet you can't find one for the price of a Henry Golden Boy.

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    A typical spring-locked loading gate damages 22 rimfire ammo because the bullet is case-sized. The pressure you need to push in the cartridge loosens the bullet in the case, and that creates feeding problems.

These rifles are not the same ones that made Johnny Reb scream like babies. These are actually more reliable than the originals, which had an open magazine tube with a follower that had an external handle.

The gold-colored metal on the Golden Boy 22 rifles is not brass. It's an alloy called "Brasslite" by Henry. It has a factory lacquer coating on it to keep it shiny, and yes, it does scratch easily.

On the Henry Big Boy rifles, though, they do use solid machined brass receivers.

The actions on Henry rifles are buttery smooth, and stay that way after years and years of use. The real beauty of these sweet leverguns is they will eat 22LR, 22L, and 22S ammo. Try 22CBs in 'em, and it's quieter than an airgun. They are a lot of fun to shoot. I have a Henry H001 (round barrel), and my GF has a Golden Boy. We love 'em.

Shoot safe and shoot often!

mbz300sdl_GF

Nov 13, 2013
    Hagerstown
    A typical spring-locked loading gate damages 22 rimfire ammo because the bullet is case-sized. The pressure you need to push in the cartridge loosens the bullet in the case, and that creates feeding problems.

These rifles are not the same ones that made Johnny Reb scream like babies. These are actually more reliable than the originals, which had an open magazine tube with a follower that had an external handle.

The gold-colored metal on the Golden Boy 22 rifles is not brass. It's an alloy called "Brasslite" by Henry. It has a factory lacquer coating on it to keep it shiny, and yes, it does scratch easily.

On the Henry Big Boy rifles, though, they do use solid machined brass receivers.

The actions on Henry rifles are buttery smooth, and stay that way after years and years of use. The real beauty of these sweet leverguns is they will eat 22LR, 22L, and 22S ammo. Try 22CBs in 'em, and it's quieter than an airgun. They are a lot of fun to shoot. I have a Henry H001 (round barrel), and my GF has a Golden Boy. We love 'em.

Shoot safe and shoot often!
    thanks for your info and input explains a lot I'm really leaning towards getting one but I wanta shoot it before buying it

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Very nice gun with a few drawbacks.

Pros:
    Lightweight
    Accurate
    No Recoil
    Cheap to Shoot
    Classic
    Blingtastic
    Made in the US of A

Cons:
    The Brass receiver is easy to scratch
    Time consuming to reload
    Tough to mount a scope or replacement sights
    The stock drops oddly low, making it uncomfortable for some people to shoot

I would suggest shooting one or at least holding one before buying.

The receiver is not actually brass. It is a metal compound much tougher than brass and does not scratch all that easily

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    Dick's Sporting Goods also has 'em in stock. But I know there are a bunch of folks here that don't like Dick's.

you know what I meant :innocent0

Last edited:

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Sounds like Zane will be getting an early Christmas gift for someone.
    I have always wanted one too.

hank chimes

Nov 25, 2013
    I own one. Great gun! "smooth as butter". Accurate. Have used over 8 types of .22lr, never jams. Pretty as all heck too! Quality to the teeth! great fun.

Don't even think about it man.... ....go buy one. You will love it. Guaranteed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom