How do you really feel about Continental Arms in Timonium?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you satisfied with the service at Continental Arms in Timonium?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    What time are you coming in?

You work there?

My girlfriend and I will be going in at 6pm (Tuesday) for the first steps training course with Joe.

I want to make sure she knows how to handle a pistol, and I haven't fired for a few years since leaving the service.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Just got back from there today. Andy was busy most of the time, (but took a few minutes to talk to me and was nice and helpful, ) helping a customer and ziggy helped us the whole time(group of 5). At first he seemed real uptight and not very friendly, but I know the feeling having a bunch of morons come into my store. But after a few minutes and when we got out on teh range he was very nice and helpful. Gave us a few pointers. After we were done I was talking to him about sigs(favorite gun I shot today) and he showed and let me hold his dark elite w/ can and answered a bunch of dumb questions for me and showed me a bunch of other stuff in the case. After awhile he was easy and great to do business with. Will be going back again soon. :thumbsup:

DOsniper

Mar 4, 2011
    Monkton, MD
    I live near continental and have shot there many times and purchased several firearms from them. However, I will say that their service is VERY hit or miss depending on how busy they are, who you are talking to, your firearm knowledge, and most importantly (to them) your wallet. I understand they have a business to run and look for those serious about buying a gun, but one would think that treating every customer as a potential buyer would yield more sales in the long-run rather than cherry-picking out a select few. I have honestly walked in to their store looking for a certain gun then walked out 10 minutes later because not one of their staff members had the decency to at least greet me. I saw the gun I wanted but still left. Long and short, I have not been back in a while and even with high gas prices plan on checking out Freestate, especially because I can shoot 223. I'm sorry if I sound harsh but in such tough times one would expect a little better service an attitude towards paying customers.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Well just did my NRA first steps course at Continental Arms, and it was actually a very good experience.

Pretty friendly bunch, and Andy is a nice guy.

And they even had a Sig P226 that I fired.. Awesome gun :)

Oh, did I mention the Sig P226 is an AWESOME gun..??

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Well just did my NRA first steps course at Continental Arms, and it was actually a very good experience.

Pretty friendly bunch, and Andy is a nice guy.

And they even had a Sig P226 that I fired.. Awesome gun :)

Oh, did I mention the Sig P226 is an AWESOME gun..??

Think im going to go buy one tomorrow :innocent0 or order one at least, still deciding which version haha. Will be a nice bday present to myself :)

P226RN

Not your average girl
    Jun 28, 2010
    They have been great to both me and my Dad. I too wish we could have preloaded mags to save on range time. But it's their house and their rules. It doesn't bother me that much. We've bought more than a couple of guns there too. Zack is really kind and helpful!

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    How do you feel about Continental Arms in Timonium?

Howdy, Sgt Preston here...

I'm a long time shooter from Perry Hall...

I am NEW to the Maryland Shooters Forum...

I had a Congressional Membership at Continental for 4+ years...

Continental treated me very well...

The place was always well run & maintained...

They have sold guns for me on consignment...

I have bought guns, accessories & reloading supplies from them...

Since Horst & Mc Cann opened in 2007, I have been a member there, solely because it is closer to my home = less $$ gas = more bullets & trigger time...

I continue to shoot at Continental from time to time with "Towson" friends...

The new FreeState Range is closer to my home than either Continental or H&M, so I may have another change of membership next Spring..?

In summary, Continental is a good place to buy, sell & shoot...

Jim & Sandy Howdyshell have treated me very well...

And Jay is a very knowledgeable and friendly guy...

I can't comment on the current roster of counter help because I don't know them...

Hope this is helpful..!

Semper Fi, Sgt Preston USMC LLA...

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    It seems some want threads to die when the posts conflict with what they want to see.

Positive comments must be a bad thing??? :innocent0

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom