How do you really feel about Continental Arms in Timonium?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you satisfied with the service at Continental Arms in Timonium?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Actually RedCobra is not who I was referring to...

I would like to think that the thread helped to improve things for everyone. Patrons and the Business.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    It seems some want threads to die when the posts conflict with what they want to see.

Positive comments must be a bad thing??? :innocent0

Hey, I am a supporter of CA. I shoot there and buy from there. Maybe if you read the whole thread you would see that.
    Only saying that this was supposed to just be a poll and the results were going to shown to the owner. Beyond that...beating a dead horse.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    read the post above yours :lol:

Oh...and I started the thread-Poll so I read it.

Even though the Poll has ended input from those that came later are welcomed to provide input and from what I have read things are improving.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Isn't this thread dead yet?

If you never respond to this thread again, it will be dead to you.

Nah, shows up in new posts and I can't resist:lol:

Zombie thread! :D

It seems some want threads to die when the posts conflict with what they want to see.

Positive comments must be a bad thing??? :innocent0
    If you're refering to my comment, I was only going back and forth with Redcobra. I didn't, and don't want any useful thread to die.

If you weren't refering to me, then, like Emily Latilla, never mind.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Well should be good to check out the new showroom when they open it anyway.

No idea of size yet, or how much more they're going to stock up on guns, maybe Andy could give us some hints.. ;)

adodson

Jun 12, 2007
    Towson, MD
    Well should be good to check out the new showroom when they open it anyway.

No idea of size yet, or how much more they're going to stock up on guns, maybe Andy could give us some hints.. ;)

Double the amount of long guns, more handguns, more rentals, way more accessories, way more reloading supplies, high quality gear and clothing, and all of our safes (to name a few things). Sorry I won't be around to see it, but I'll be back to visit.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    read the post above yours :lol:

Oh...and I started the thread-Poll so I read it.

Even though the Poll has ended input from those that came later are welcomed to provide input and from what I have read things are improving.

Sometimes all people need is a little feedback to realize that things need to change. A business needs happy customers to stay open so even if it is like eating a crap sandwich to be nice to your customers you better do it ifyou want customers at all. The great thing for customers of the info age is that you can find out where to avoid.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    You make some good points ...but surely you know not to always believe everything you read on the internet....

Mileage always will vary :D

Johnny Utah

Jul 23, 2008
    Well I stumbled onto this one a little late....

Anyways, up until recently I have shot at Continental Arms fairly often over the past 4 years. For the most part, I was treated OK - not great but certainly not terrible. I felt like once they guys behind started recognizing my face (or my 6'5 280 lb friend I always shot with) that I was treated better. The hourly rate was high but I realized that an operation like that has a lot of overhead. Andy, Gibby, and the rest of the crew were overall decent with me. The only issue I had was with the old guy in hat and glasses who threatened to kick me out of the range for a rule infraction - transporting a firearm (unloaded and action open) to the range right beside me for an inquiring shooter.

That incident alone didn't sour me, as I just thought he was a bitter *******. What soured me was how my sister, who is a safe and a knowledgeable shooter, was treated. They treated her like a dumb bitch who knew NOTHING about firearms except "they go boom".

Furthermore, I am convinced that gun shops (particularly gun ranges) treat customers like shit because they can - they know they have limited competition that oftentimes makes their range/shop logistically/geographically advantageous even though their customers service might blow. And I am still convinced that most (not all) gun shop/range people take their jobs WAY too seriously and have customers believing that it should be expected and accepted. My GF works in the medical field (she's a RN) - where people oftentimes die because of a mistake (on a MUCH higher rate than that of a gun range), so if someone is going to take their job too seriously, it should be her. If she were to display customer service comparable to that of the people behind the counter, she would get fired in a heartbeat. I just guess it's part of the gun culture (unfortunately) to be 'on edge' when you're sitting behind a counter selling someone a handgun.

Anyways, I haven't experienced anything of the sort at Freestate. They have been nice to me and my sister, and to this point have a much more relaxed environment. They are within 15 minutes of my house (35+ to go to Continental) and the facilities are awesome. Continental will not go out of business because of Freestate, but maybe they will learn something because of it.

Chet002

Jun 10, 2011
    Towson
    Safe enviroment

Never been treated with anything less than friendly respect. People need to respect what these people do, and some of the characters who they have to deal with. Every individual that walks through their door is a potential danger. Be cooperative, be respectful, be conscious of your actions and demeanor, and be aware that they may be interpreted differently by different people.
    As in all aspects of life, treat them as you would have them treat you.......and don't forget, everyone has bad days!
    I have absolutely no problems with anyone at Continental Arms, and I thank them for what they provide....... An safe enviroment......

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Never been treated with anything less than friendly respect. People need to respect what these people do, and some of the characters who they have to deal with. Every individual that walks through their door is a potential danger. Be cooperative, be respectful, be conscious of your actions and demeanor, and be aware that they may be interpreted differently by different people.
    As in all aspects of life, treat them as you would have them treat you.......and don't forget, everyone has bad days!
    I have absolutely no problems with anyone at Continental Arms, and I thank them for what they provide....... An safe enviroment......

One can be still be curteous even while in an occupation or environment that has potential danger. Most police officers manage to accomplish that daily. I guess the employees at Continental are ALWAYS having a bad day. I have felt safe at both H&M and Freestate, and the employees there are not rude pricks.

survivorRob

Apr 1, 2009
    I hope the raging pricks at Continental learn their lesson now that they have real competition in Baltimore County. Freestate is the only place I go now!

survivorRob

Apr 1, 2009
    Fixed it for you.

:lol2: good one. Actually I should have just put the raging "prick" at Continental, it's only one or two guys causing all of the problems.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=791336#post791336

Even though I live closer to freestate, I probably would have still went to Continental if it wasn't for the "roadie." I haven't been in there since that post and wouldn't go in there if they told me I could shoot for free with free ammo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom