How do you really feel about Continental Arms in Timonium?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you satisfied with the service at Continental Arms in Timonium?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    This Poll is for data gathering purposes and the results will be provided to the owners of Continental Arms.

Please vote honestly and only :)
    I had a shitty experience there and I'm taking my cash elsewhere

Continental arms is the closest range to me, and I drive to Westminster when I want to shoot. Haps is way Better.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Well, they didn't fall down and worship at my feet, they didn't offer me a 50% discount on all prices, and they didn't clear the range so I could have my pick of the lanes and shoot without distractions, so they suck and they're the worst and I'm telling all of you to never go there.

Oh, yeah, those are also the reasons why gun shows suck.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    My only complaint is lane time there can get pretty expensive. I head to Hap or Cresap when I can, but Continental is closest to me.

Otherwise it's a safe place to shoot and the guys are generally curt but polite. I haven't had a single bad experience outside of an occasional wait to get a lane. And they were very helpful when I took my 10-year-old daughter there to shoot... I'm sure part of the extra attention was for safety's sake but they also went out of their way to accommodate her.

They do have some pretty strict rules but generally if you show safety and control, they will "overlook" double-taps and other behavior not considered kosher.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Great Feedback...

I also belong to a Private Range SLCFSA. 35 Bucks a year :)

Let's try to keep the thread and Poll limited to the Topic of if Continental is Satisfactory for what it is.

To be fair they are a better or as good cost wise compared to other indoor ranges. IMHO No indoor range can compare with the Outdoor Ranges.

I can give examples but I don't want this thread to drift into a Chevy VS Ford discussion.

Keep the poll rolling....:D

Charles Guggenheimer

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 19, 2005
    Seven Valleys PA
    Before I moved to Pennsylvania, I had a congressional membership every year - mostly the years with the original owner - and even though I still work in Timonium I rarely shoot at Continental anymore.

I have had one of my firearms (Glock 23 .40) sold on consignment there with no problem and bought one of my Glocks (Glock 36 .45) at White Marsh Arms, which I think is under the same owner of Continental now, and had no problems with any sales or service.

I haven't brought any loaded mags in myself, but was terribly embarrassed when a friend I had brought to shoot there the first time was scolded for "breaking the law" by bringing loaded mags in his range bag with his pistol (not in his pistol). We now know with the MD AG's letter that it is not in Maryland law. It is just range/store policy for those who are not LEOs or MD permit holders.

If it is a "safety issue" for us but not them, with my PA and FL permits I can carry in thirty-five states - but not Maryland - it should not be a "safety issue" for me to do so.

But I voted that I was satisfied, because for so many years I was paying hundreds of dollars a year to shoot there.

Last edited:

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    my only problem was when they told me i was breaking the law with my loaded mags and unless i had a ccw i could be arrested. he did it like a total asshat and he's a member of this forum (not gibby, jeep or the roadie) i'm pretty sure he knows hes wrong now and i hope he isn't still mis-informing customers.

i have seen the ghetto superstars that come in on the weekends and i understand the general attitude of the employees so thats why i voted "par for the course" i bought my gsg from them and the old man even gave me a wink wink lesson on mag blocks:) i have never had any other problems there but there attitude towards this forum offends me and last time i was there it looked like they tried peeling off the maryland shooters sticker.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I didn't know they had a two second rule. I've done a bit of fast shooting recently and no one ever said anything.

Two second rule would suck with 19 round magazines.

Honestly, I think they're a bit unreasonable with some of their rules. Like the "waiting 2 seconds between shots" rule, what's up with that? No other range I've ever been to does that. They also wouldn't allow pre-loaded magazines. I understand not having a loaded mag in the weapon, I transport mine empty to the range obviously. But what's wrong with loading mags ahead of time to save a little time? They also attempted to assert one of their rules as being state law, which it wasn't (I don't remember which, it's been a while since I was there). Their are other ranges closer to me, so I will be going elsewhere. If were made to feel more welcome, I might come back occasionally. No bashing here, just my honest experience.

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    I am going to state the obvious in case any one at C.A. is reading this.

The key to any business is customer service, I don't care if you have the best products or cheapest prices. Unless you are a monopoly, if you don't have good customer service you will not succeed in the long run.

I like continental, but I really have not been there enough in the last 2+ years to have any real experience with the new employees. In the past, I thought they were really lapse on enforcing range rules, so I welcome someone walking the range constantly enforcing the rules. With that said, he should not be rude when he finds infractions, but helpful in explaining what the shooter is doing wrong and why it's dangerous. It the whole customer service thing. The whole power trip persona does not go over well at all.

Yes, you as a gun shop employee may know more then I do, but I am the paying customer with the cash, and if you are unwilling to educate me in a humble manner, I probably won't be spending much of my cash with you at all. I can shoot other places, and save a lot of money buying guns on the internet and paying a $25 transfer fee.

Customers always have options, and as a business owner, if you forget that then you have lost your way.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    "waiting 2 seconds between shots" rule, what's up with that?

That is not one of our rules.

I was wondering that too...

I selected the first option as I've been treated well there. Jay, Chad, Andy and "gibby" were always friendly and helpful in my experience. The rest of the staff was at least no worse than anywhere else I've been. I do appreciate that they open earlier than anywhere else in the area. They're a little too far for it to be really convenient for me to get there unfortunatly but they're still my top choice.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I've never shot there or purchased anything from them. I did go in once just to check things out. Girl behind the counter was nice and answered my questions about the range. They were also pretty busy, but it was only a minute or two before she came and asked if I needed help with anything.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    I have a lot of trouble with nerve damage and it's difficult for me to stand for any length of time. I move about with difficulty and need a cane when I walk. It's even harder when carrying things like gun cases and ammo boxes, etc.

Last time I was at Continental, I think it was "Roadie" that noticed me having to lean against the partition. He told me to hang on a minute and fetched a stool for me to sit on. I appreciated that a lot. I'm doing a bit better since then, but I'm still leery of packing up and hauling myself over there, just to have to haul guns and ammo up those stairs. I wish it was closer and easier to get in and out of. Yeah, I know, cheese with that whine, etc?

I've only been to Continental a couple of times, but neither time did I notice anything to complain about. The people behind the counter didn't fall over themselves fawning over me, but they also didn't ignore me or seem to feel I was imposing on them. They pretty much acted the way I expected them to act. Maybe part of that was my intentional lack of attitude.

In fact, when I mentioned the trouble I had with the stairs outside, the guy said they have an elevator of sorts outside and I could use that if I needed it. I appreciated the offer and maybe I will take them up on it, we'll see.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    FYI.... There is no 2 second rule so if someone told a Patron that then maybe just maybe that person was shooting so fast they were out of control and shots were in danger of hitting the lines. I'm just guessing of course but this survey sure is telling so far.

One person says they have a 2 second per shot policy and all of the sudden "They Suck and so does that 2 second per shot rule" :sad20:

Kinda lends itself to the phrase " iT HAS TO BE TRUE I READ IT ON THE INTERNET"

Keep the feedback flowing..... It's very interesting.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Please be sure to Vote if you have been to Continental...

Numidian....Please vote since you made a comment about your limited experience.

Thanks

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    My only experience with Continental was at a gun show when I purchased powders. So, everything was fine, but I'm not likely to patronize them again, because they're so far from Charles County.

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    I've shot there maybe 6 to 8 times.
    Shot there enough don't need to go thru the fill out the paper work ordeal like if going for your first time.
    Yes I know going in they don't like loaded mags. No big deal just don't have loaded mags when you go in.
    No head shots. It was explained to me head shots could result in breaking the cable. Sounds resonable to me as I can see that happening.

Honestlly whenever I've used their range. Have never been harassed. Talked with the range officer on several occasions just BS'ing.
    When asking about different guns to buy. Have allways been allowed to handle it.
    Never bought a gun from then but even so.
    With that many trips to that range. Wonder how so many people get their feeling hurt.
    Runing a shooting range has to have with it a lot of liability.
    Obey thier rules and enjoy the range time.
    Truelly get hassled. Complain to the owner.
    Just my experience:)

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Ive never shot there but have bought several guns from them . I have a few cards for free range time from the purchases Ive made that more then likely will not get used as I prefer to shoot outdoors and do not care for indoor ranges much . Ive only been to one indoor range and it was not a pleasant experiance (no names they get kicked around plenty here though lol). That being said I have seen them go off on people for things that could have been handled much better.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    What can I say. I think my other posting kind of influenced this poll. You would think if you answered the phone at CA you would have a clue as to what your business sells and has in stock. But we are human and make mistakes. If the guys behind the counter would have said hey some one made a mistake. Let me get your name and number and we'll order this powder and give you a call when it comes in. If they would have done this I would have posted differently but it was clear they could care less.

Hey CA
    I've gone through the Bulls eye gun powder I tried to buy from you two weeks a go, and am ready to buy more powder and bullets. I'll head in the other direction to those nice guys on rt40. Even the nice lady behind the counter knows there inventory.

GC
    I'll be stopping in soon to buy more reloading supplies.

Damifinow Fish

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Thanks for taking us down memory lane....:rolleyes:

This poll has taught me that if someone keeps bad mouthing a business they definitly influence others..

I'm sure if you keep telling your story they will be out of business before Easter. :lol2:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Imetthevarmit

Latest threads

Top Bottom