How many loaded mags do you all have ready?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    The "oops, just enough time to go to the range" bag holds 6 223 AR and 2 Glock 19 Mags, I usually keep enough around to swap them out after a shooting session.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Sounds like my loaded setup-Magpul AR mags which work in all of those, Glock 17 and 33rd Mags that would work in my 17, 19, and 26 as well as PCC as needed. I additionally keep a couple of loaded AK mags. And a 12ga bandolier. Easy grab and go stuff.
    I was silly to not buy an AK47 When I could.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Damn. I guess I should turn in my man card. 2 mags loaded each for anything designated as a home defense or carry gun.

I have more unloaded mags tucked away in case I can’t get them anymore.

As a member of AGC, I’m not on the clock as far as paying for time so I just load range mags as I go.

In a SHTF scenario, I guess I’ll be scrambling. I probably should rethink that scenario.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Don’t feel bad I only bought one. Mine is a Saiga that started life as a 7.62 Sporter for about $199.99 around 2003. Kept it like that for several years, did the conversion to AK standard setup.

Still can buy the pistol and go with the braced SBR option.
    True, but I have a hard time doing that because of principle. I should be able to buy that damn thing whenever and wherever I want it.

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    AR 8 or 9
    MINI 14 6
    MINI 30. 4
    GLOCK 9mm 10+ (10 to 33 round)
    GLOCK 40 S&W 3
    1911 8
    10/22 6 or 7
    Assorted 22 and 380 pistols 12ish
    HiPoint carbine 6

Not really a prepper thing. I just load them after I shoot them.
    might as well, what good is an unloaded mag?

FLBoy

Dec 7, 2015
    MoCo
    I don't have any clipazines that are loaded. I had one and shot all the bullets, so I had to throw it away when it was empty. In the recycling bin, of course. Guns are scary and shoot people all by themselves.
    Anymore leading questions coming from a 8 year old account with 7 posts?
    Thanks. Really just lurk for most part and consume the wisdom…usually. But also here for the humor and sarcasm.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Forty rounds. Can you show me better?

XVcorpsbadge.png

...and 20 in my pocket.

Last edited:

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    I don't keep many unloaded mags, because why would I. But I have a few here and there since the indoor ranges don't like you showing up with loaded mags for some reason. I also use them for dry fire practice, sometimes with snap caps. For handguns, they all have a full mag in them and most have a full spare. For ARs, I keep enough loaded to deal with any remotely plausible scenario, but I'm not prepared to immediately supply a full squad like some here.

My wife thinks I have too many guns. She looks at me like I have two heads when I say I have barely enough to feel moderately comfortable.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    So talking with my buddy after we went to range and the subject of how many loaded mags we have in our home bug out bag, but also how many loaded magazines we keep in general. Would love to hear what others recommend?

For example, I like to have 6 mags of 300 subsonic (go to is a 300 BO pistol suppressed) and 6 mags of 9mm 147g HP for the pistol in my go bag, in addition to 3 mags of 300 BO on plate carrier.

Beyond the go bag, I keep roughly 6 loaded magazines each of 300, 556, 9mm for Cz scorpion and for glock pistol, as well as .22, .45 and 7.62x39, all in safe. I’ll rotate mags every six months.

He says he likes to have more than that loaded, like 12 for each caliber.

To clarify:
    Question 1: how many mags in your go bag
    Question 2: how many mags do you keep loaded not in your go bag
    Good start there FLboy. Most here have a 3/4 ton truck as their bug out bag. Otherwise how do you carry 100 guns and 1,000,000 rounds of ammo?

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    I don't have any clipazines that are loaded. I had one and shot all the bullets, so I had to throw it away when it was empty. In the recycling bin, of course. Guns are scary and shoot people all by themselves.
    Anymore leading questions coming from a 8 year old account with 7 posts?
    Good catch.

GenoBluzGtr

Mar 23, 2018
    I try to keep 4 loaded mags for each of my hand guns. I keep 5 or 6 loaded up for my AR, and I keep a couple of 33 round Glock mags that I can use either in my G19 or my Ruger PC9 take down carbine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom