How Old Were You When You Bought Your First Firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Bought a 10/22 from a guy at work for $50 at 16...hid it...then sold it out of fear of being found out. I regret that to this day. First legal gun on 18th birthday was a Montgomery Wards Western Field (Mossberg 500 series) 20 Gauge pump with C-lect choke barrel. Still have it to this day. Never really shot much as I didnt hunt. First handgun on 21st birthday a Smith 686 .375 stainless 4" also at Montgomery Wards. Still have that too. Bad ass gun when shooting magnum loads.

slowpoke

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis
    When I was 15-16 I had a Charter Arms AR-7 that disassembled and stowed in the stock. Fun little gun. Details of that acquisition remain a bit cloudy...but I think it came from a Best store somewhere in P.G.

At 42, my first official purchase was a CZ-75B from the Gun Rack in Burtonsville.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    I was 23 ( in 1968). I bought a S&W K-38 Masterpiece Revolver ( Model 14 ).
    I bought the firearm right after the Baltimore City Riots in 1968. My Md. Air Guard Unit was called to active duty for that riot.

I still have the gun ( I'm now 70 ) and frequently take it to the range. It was a beautiful "Masterpiece" of craftsmanship then.....and still is. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

PoPo3

Oct 26, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    I was 12 years old. I bought a used Remington 700 BDL .270 for $400 with lawn mowing money. My parents told me that if I wanted to hunt, I needed to buy my own gun. Still have/hunt with it.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Hard to answer. Somewhere around 1971 I was living in DC, ordered a Hi-Power from a sporting goods store around 8thSt NW - Apex? - Acme? Can't recall. Anyway, it was going to run me about $112; but I didn't go through with the deal, because I was pretty sure my wife would have used it on me. Too bad,it was probably a T-series, one of the best Browning ever made.

Finally got a Smith M19 in 1976.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    18, walked into Walmart put a green laminate Ruger 10/22 on layaway. Weirdly, being a different time and many years ago, somehow my parents found out and paid it off for me (no privacy laws).

In the mid 90s bought my first Handgun, a Bulgarian Surplus Mak followed a few weeks by a CZ75.

Cadet08

Gone
    Nov 13, 2006
    I was 15 in 2000. I was a musician for a Civil War reenactment group so when I was old enough they approved of me moving from the fife to a rifle. I saved up my money and legally bought a repro 1861 Springfield musket by EuroArms, from a suttler at a reenactment

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom