• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    How long after an interview did everyone hear whether they were approved or not. I applied September 20, phone interview was about a month ago and haven't heard anything yet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    How long after an interview did everyone hear whether they were approved or not. I applied September 20, phone interview was about a month ago and haven't heard anything yet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Should be any day now. I applied in August, interview in October, Received in November. 91 or 92 days start to finish.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    I have read this entire thread and still not sure of a resource that can help me ascertain my eligibility of obtaining a permit. I'm a small business owner who carries thousands of dollars worth of equipment regulary and deposits thousands of dollars a month although mostly checks. I also have some excellent references from LEO and politically connected folks. Am I reading that the best bet is to take a 16 hour course and follow the guide from msi? It seems business owners are getting approved at a higher rate from my reading. Any input is appreciated. Thank you.

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    Just finished my informal appeal after getting "disapproved."

1) Physician alone not good enough

2) Carrying narcotics not G&S unless self employed and they need proof that as part of the practice the doc routinely dispenses the narcotics and/or need employer to write a letter stating it is part of the job

3) Script pad...not enough

4) The fact that I am on TV and in the newspapers not enough

Will appeal to the board and see what happens. The corporal stated that even if I get approved it will be so restricted it would not do any good.

If you want an unrestricted permit, you need to move to another state. This is the People's Republic, after all. Otherwise, show a G&S reason according to the regulations and you will get a restricted permit.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    If you want an unrestricted permit, you need to move to another state. This is the People's Republic, after all. Otherwise, show a G&S reason according to the regulations and you will get a restricted permit.

:sad20: Wow, after reading your post should I be convinced we should all just give up the fight, forget about the elected elite's trouncing of the Constitution, disavow liberty and the 2A, pledge allegiance to MOM, Miller and Busch, and report to the nearest FEMA camp. :sad20: NOT! Its hard to be appeased with crumbs when they don't even throw crumbs. :mad54:

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Want facts about the Maryland Handgun Permit and the application & approval process?

Have you considered attending my Maryland Handgun Permit Seminar?
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=142963

This seminar was specifically designed to answer the questions posed in this forum and provides participants with a comprehensive understanding of the Maryland State Police (MSP) Maryland Handgun Permit (MHP). With a focus on the application and approval processes.

Early registration is only about $35. Space is limited and all procedes will be donated to the Frederick IWLA Youth Group (i.e. for education, training, competition & other youth group activities).

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    I have read this entire thread and still not sure of a resource that can help me ascertain my eligibility of obtaining a permit. I'm a small business owner who carries thousands of dollars worth of equipment regulary and deposits thousands of dollars a month although mostly checks. I also have some excellent references from LEO and politically connected folks. Am I reading that the best bet is to take a 16 hour course and follow the guide from msi? It seems business owners are getting approved at a higher rate from my reading. Any input is appreciated. Thank you.

Yes, I had to take the 16 hr course. I was able to get the class for $300 in the Annapolis area by a great guy. Hes done training for about 40 years and I had him review my "mother may I" letter. Paperwork sent yesterday to MSP. We will soon see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom