• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    While we're making sense, anyone with a W&C permit should not have a 7-day wait for new purchase either.

Seems kinda dumb that I can walk in a gun store with a concealed pistol on my belt but have to "cool off" for a week before they allow my new purchase to come home with me.

It's not Supposed to make sense , it's intended to be harassment .

pauljk00

Jun 23, 2022
    Maryland
    I am up for renewal and went to the site, but I had to create a new account. When I logged in, it couldn't find anything to renew. I noticed that when I created the account, I accidentally duplicated my address again in the address2 line. I thought that might be the problem, so I tried to change it. The change failed because it said that my Mount Airy, Montgomery County address was not valid for 21771. Looks like the only way to contact them is by email, so I sent one.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I am up for renewal and went to the site, but I had to create a new account. When I logged in, it couldn't find anything to renew. I noticed that when I created the account, I accidentally duplicated my address again in the address2 line. I thought that might be the problem, so I tried to change it. The change failed because it said that my Mount Airy, Montgomery County address was not valid for 21771. Looks like the only way to contact them is by email, so I sent one.

Scroll down past the pic of the building for contact number:

The Maryland State Police Licensing Division administers the provisions of the Annotated Code of Maryland and COMAR related to: the licensing and registration of firearms; handgun permits; security guards and agencies and other licensing functions as defined by statute or regulation.

Address 1111 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville, MD 21208
    Hours of Operation 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Monday - Friday (Closed On All State Holidays)
    Lobby Hours 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM or By Appointment (Mail Drop Available 24/7)
    Main Number 410-653-4500
    Commander Captain Andrew Rossignol
    Assistant Commander Lieutenant Gregory Shackelford

pauljk00

Jun 23, 2022
    Maryland
    Scroll down past the pic of the building for contact number:

The Maryland State Police Licensing Division administers the provisions of the Annotated Code of Maryland and COMAR related to: the licensing and registration of firearms; handgun permits; security guards and agencies and other licensing functions as defined by statute or regulation.

Address 1111 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville, MD 21208
    Hours of Operation 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Monday - Friday (Closed On All State Holidays)
    Lobby Hours 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM or By Appointment (Mail Drop Available 24/7)
    Main Number 410-653-4500
    Commander Captain Andrew Rossignol
    Assistant Commander Lieutenant Gregory Shackelford
    Thanks. I'll see if they reply to my email. If not, I'll give them a call.

pauljk00

Jun 23, 2022
    Maryland
    Thanks. I'll see if they reply to my email. If not, I'll give them a call.
    They responded to my email, told me I had to use my original account, and gave me a code to use to change the password. Turns out I had used a different email account back then and I was able to update it after logging in. I was able to complete the renewal.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    They responded to my email, told me I had to use my original account, and gave me a code to use to change the password. Turns out I had used a different email account back then and I was able to update it after logging in. I was able to complete the renewal.

Good deal. I am no fan of of all the BS we have to go through in this state to put it mildly but I have to say the folks at the licensing division seem to be on their game. Actually helpful…

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    That’s their job. Where were the compliments when their jackboots were on our necks?

Agreed. I was just trying to point out contacting them is no big deal. Seems like a lot of folks have some phobia about calling for help with a service they are responsible for. For a ‘service’ that was pushed down our throats.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Agreed. I was just trying to point out contacting them is no big deal. Seems like a lot of folks have some phobia about calling for help with a service they are responsible for. For a ‘service’ that was pushed down our throats.
    There's a reason a lot of people here who don't view the MSPLD as an entity willing to help them. A lot of folks here remember the Troopers from the Licensing Division who used to show up at the Handgun Permit Review Board meetings, and how completely opposed most seemed to anyone who was not them being allowed to own and carry guns.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    Paid my $20 last week and received my emailed approved renewal letter this morning. So, it looks like it takes a week to be processed and sent.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    There's a reason a lot of people here who don't view the MSPLD as an entity willing to help them. A lot of folks here remember the Troopers from the Licensing Division who used to show up at the Handgun Permit Review Board meetings, and how completely opposed most seemed to anyone who was not them being allowed to own and carry guns.
    Yep I am one of them

Understood. As best I can anyway. I never went to any of the handgun permit board meetings in person but read the play by play and notes after some of them. Truly shameful. I also seem to recall some supposed pro 2A civilian members of the board having little issue putting their civilian jackboots and well... pumps on necks as well.

Still waiting on my HQL renewal approval email from a 8/28 submission...

Last edited:

MarkinMD

MDS Supporter
    Dec 10, 2011
    Nut Bush City Limits
    Just got off of the phone with MSP, was told HQL renewals can take 30 to 40 days, repeated this is for renewal not new app. and was told 30 to 40 days. My payment was processed 8/28 :shrug:

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Just got off of the phone with MSP, was told HQL renewals can take 30 to 40 days, repeated this is for renewal not new app. and was told 30 to 40 days. My payment was processed 8/28 :shrug:
    Thanks for the info. I did my renewal on 8/28 also, and so far, nothing. Will give it a while.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    So in spite of following the instructions, an HQL can expire before a renewal is issued?

That’s bull shite

Why are new ones given priority over renewals?

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I got my HQL in October of 2014, but I rejoined (and have subsequently retired from) the National Guard in March of 2015. I'm glad I never have to deal with that BS ever again.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I submitted my application on 9/5, and just received my approval this morning, too. I got a laugh out of the language in the letter for the $20 fee for a "Replacement fee" for a lost HQL. $20 to resend an email? Really? I guess I better make a backup. Or a printout.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    Might be a good idea to check my expiration date..its been awhile.

OTOH, for those who already renewed, will you,or did you get a new card?
    If MSP is sending new HQL cards, that might explain the fee.....in today's world
    there's a fee for everything..just saying

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom