• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Went to visit family in PA this weekend and of course we fit in some time for shooting. My 8yr old has NEVER shown interest in shooting, mostly b/c of things directly and indirectly related to his special needs. I never push the issue, but always make him aware that I would love him to try when he is ready.

Well yesterday I asked him and I almost fell down when he said he wanted to try!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

You can see the clearing over my left shoulder where we have the 25-100yd shot.

ry%3D400

Once we got the electronic ear muffs on him he loosened up, hopped on my lap, and ripped off some 22lr from the little Marlin I have.

ry%3D400

Not the best form, he didn't hit much, but damn that was one of the proudest moments I've had in a long time. I love this hobby and can only wish I got into it closer to his age. Seeing the look on his face when he pulled the trigger for the first time was priceless! His mother was a bit hesitant, but props to her for letting the moment happen.

Have a good Easter everyone, I know I am thankful for a lot and hope you are too :thumbsup:

PresentArms

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2008
    Middle River
    That done him a world of good, I’m sure it was an accomplishment and a milestone in his eyes . He’s hooked and you have a shooting buddy.. Enjoy

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    That's awesome. What's more awesome is he wanted to try. He didn't feel obligated to try.

Maddie was the same way. If I could only get her to focus on accuracy.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Imetthevarmit

Latest threads

Top Bottom