• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Awesome, love stories like this, brings back memories.

Questions, you know I have questions :)
    What is the punch and hammer for, issue with your AR? Front takedown pin too tight?
    Is that tiny white dot the target in the woods?
    Did you have hearing protection in? I keep a small bag of foam plugs for bystanders.

The red dot is interesting option, but I like to start kids with open sights. Whatever works, important thing is having safe fun.

Bart- PM sent!

Big_Leo

May 8, 2011
    great story. now if we could only get the rest of the u.s. off the couch and behind the sights we might make it. then again, i've seen how mopar92 shoots. (Charles Barkley voice): it's trrrrble

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Awesome, love stories like this, brings back memories.

Questions, you know I have questions :)
    What is the punch and hammer for, issue with your AR? Front takedown pin too tight?
    Is that tiny white dot the target in the woods?
    Did you have hearing protection in? I keep a small bag of foam plugs for bystanders.

The red dot is interesting option, but I like to start kids with open sights. Whatever works, important thing is having safe fun.

Bart- PM sent!

We we only shooting 22lr when my little one was outside, hence him being the only one wearing ear protection. The punch and hammer were for my step father to assist in adjusting the sights on him new to him lever 22lr. The AR was only shot when he was inside and it was just my step father and I. I was sighting in the eotech and playing a bit with the magnifier.

Good times.

Edit- its impossible to see, but we put a pizza box up at 50yds for him to shoot at. In the distance you can sorta see a huge downed tree on its side. It literally fell at 102yds, so he built a big metal frame that large targets slide into at 100yds with a built in backstop :)

Sep 6, 2011
    Garrett County, MD
    That is so awesome!

I literally teared up when I read this.

This is where the entire US needs to be, back at the basics, teach our kids to shoot and respect, but not fear, firearms. They are a part of our heritage, our legacy, our freedom.

My greatest praise goes out to you.

Kudos!

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    That is so awesome!

I literally teared up when I read this.

This is where the entire US needs to be, back at the basics, teach our kids to shoot and respect, but not fear, firearms. They are a part of our heritage, our legacy, our freedom.

My greatest praise goes out to you.

Kudos!

Thank you for the kind words. Now my six yr old (who is Not ready yet) is saying he wants to try too bc his big brother did it. What have I started here? :)

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    That's terrific! What a great father son activity. Its a great way to build a lifetime skill and appreciation for firearms. You are welcome to bring him by to one of our Juniors practices to see if he would be interested in shooting with our Juniors team.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    That's terrific! What a great father son activity. Its a great way to build a lifetime skill and appreciation for firearms. You are welcome to bring him by to one of our Juniors practices to see if he would be interested in shooting with our Juniors team.

Thank you for the offer :)

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena
    Thank you for the kind words. Now my six yr old (who is Not ready yet) is saying he wants to try too bc his big brother did it. What have I started here? :)

It's great bonding time with the kids no matter what the target looks like after. He'll improve quickly if he has the interest. 8 is young compared to my older boys who have just started shooting in the last year... but my three year old will probably explode if he has to wait past 6. I'm thinking supervised BB gun in a couple years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom