I need some help with a Dillion 650xl. Willing to pay!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    To be honest kind of an idiot...lol.
    I doubt that you're an idiot - there might be something broken, worn out, or not assembled correctly, and because you don't have experience with that press, you have no basis of knowing what might be out of whack.

The good news is that Dillon has a lifetime 100% "No BS" guarantee - if there is something broken or worn out, Dillon will replace it for free to get you back up and running.

Hopefully someone down your way knows their way around a 650 and can get you going again.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I doubt that you're an idiot - there might be something broken, worn out, or not assembled correctly, and because you don't have experience with that press, you have no basis of knowing what might be out of whack.

The good news is that Dillon has a lifetime 100% "No BS" guarantee - if there is something broken or worn out, Dillon will replace it for free to get you back up and running.

Hopefully someone down your way knows their way around a 650 and can get you going again.
    Antco is down that way. And he's an experienced handloader.

Gwynne86

Mar 20, 2011
    MD
    Get that thing mounted securely to a good solid table or work bench, and send me a PM to work on a schedule. The points above are valid, especially of the allen key bolt that holds the plate.

Great machines. I need to get mine unpacked and put back in service. Running low on good 6.5x55 Swede.
    Good evening. I am going to send you a pm

Gwynne86

Mar 20, 2011
    MD
    Thank you all. It's been a frustrating time you know. I mean everyone has to start at some point on reloading, just thought.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Well, go big or go home I guess..
    Ultimately I don't think you'll regret it though. I started my reloading on a single stage setup - the inexpensive Lee Challenger Anniversary kit. It got me going, but eventually I got to a point where I wanted to increase my output, and I ended up upgrading everything to a Dillon 550 setup, but I was on the fence between that and the 650 - they hadn't yet migrated to the 750 model. I still wonder at times if I'd have been better off going with the 650 because the 650 is designed to be used with both a case and bullet feeder - the 550 is not. It can be done, but the 650 makes it MUCH easier.

You'll have a bit of a learning curve, but ultimately you'll be very happy with the Dillon 650, and there are so many upgrades that can be done with it. AND, you'll crank out really good ammo very quickly - we're talking 100 rounds every 10 minutes if you have a case and bullet feeder. That would take you a full hour doing it single stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom