If I collect my own brass after shooting....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RosadoSM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 27, 2005
    King George, VA
    Is there anyone on these forms or retail who will reload for me? Or is that even worth it?

I'm sure there are people here willing to help show/teach you how to reload. In most cases people wont do it for you. Liability and all. I'm also sure there are people willing to take all your collected brass off your hands ;)

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    It is illegal to sell reloaded ammo without a license. You could sell the brass to someone to help yourself puchase more ammo moving forward. I may be interested depending on the caliber.

Shoot me a pm if interested in sale or trade.

madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    A gun range wouldn't stop you from collecting your own brass would they? As long as it not beyond the firing line of course.

FlatsFlite

Aug 6, 2012
    King George, VA
    Probably, a good idea to tell people where you are located. Someone might let you pull the handle a couple hundred times providing you bring all your components. I only let close friends and family use my equipment under supervision.

I bet if you threw in a couple hundred extra primers or some powder for the wear and tear on their equipment, you might get an offer from someone nearby. Not, me, but someone might.

Jan 14, 2008
    For the past 10 years I have saved my brass at the range, thinking I would start reloading. Well I am so glad I did, as I started reloading, and have most of the brass. My only downfall was saving the berdan primed aussie 308 I had, learned a lot about berdan primers with those. Learned that RCBS customer service, even if you tell them you are a dumbass, sends you free replacement parts.

FYI...In case you are reading and do not know, berdan primers break your depriming tool, at least they broke my RCBS deprimer.

FlatsFlite

Aug 6, 2012
    King George, VA
    Buy a Lee universal de-primer, they don't break. Roughly about $15 a piece. I have one on all of my turrets. You just never know when one piece of Berdan-primed piece of brass will find it's way into the mix.

bratgirllcp

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2013
    Grasonville MD
    A gun range wouldn't stop you from collecting your own brass would they? As long as it not beyond the firing line of course.

I have a revolver and kept my used brass from indoor gun range no problems.
    hubby reloads but has not done so in several yrs. I would never trust strangers to do reloads I'd buy more if I can afford to do so,
    but thats just my .02 cents

Pilot7576

Aug 13, 2009
    reload urself...it's very relaxing and rewarding at the same time..takes a min of space as well..ive seen closet setups...

Pilot7576

kingstrider

Dec 10, 2011
    Buy a Lee universal de-primer, they don't break. Roughly about $15 a piece. I have one on all of my turrets. You just never know when one piece of Berdan-primed piece of brass will find it's way into the mix.

Lol that's funny, I broke three pins last week while processing a couple thousand rounds of 223. Even the Lee pins will break when depriming large amounts of crimped boxer primed brass. I buy extra pins by the dozen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom