If I collect my own brass after shooting....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    If I'm at a range and ask the guy next to me if I can have his brass and he says yes, who the hell are they to tell me I can't have it? The other guy paid for it so he should be able to do whatever he wants with it. This never used to be a problem. I can see randomly going around sweeping up brass being a no no.

bigalf

Apr 1, 2012
    Fort Meade
    If you were at a public indoor range, how would you go about collecting your own brass? I feel like On-target would frown on that big time. At an outdoor range, I can see it not being a problem, but indoor commercial range I think they'd get mad especially when they want you in and out to pack more customers in.

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    If you were at a public indoor range, how would you go about collecting your own brass? I feel like On-target would frown on that big time. At an outdoor range, I can see it not being a problem, but indoor commercial range I think they'd get mad especially when they want you in and out to pack more customers in.

It's MY brass. I bought it and it's not the range's. They provide a facility (a service, not a good). If they don't like it, tough $hit... I'll leave and not come back. I'm tired of every last gun-related THING being "taxed" or imposed upon. Keep your damn hands off MY brass!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There are a few commercial reloaders who will offer exchange pricing to the public. This means you send in a like amount of empties for a reduced price . But you are not getting your specific brass back.

This is common for commercial ranges , gov't agencies , etc , but for most probably too much hassle for too little brass dealing with public.

D3V1L

Dec 26, 2012
    Elkridge

I've always collected my own brass at on target. They provide a rake so you can quickly retrieve your brass in a safe and efficient manner.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011

Every other mag I stop and sweep my brass in a pile near my feet and pick it up when I leave. Cuts into shooting time quite a bit while clock is running but they are quick to sweep up brass these days. Even had the owner ask me one time if I was saving that brass while he stood there with a sweeper. Felt like saying WTF do you think?
    Seems like all indoor ranges are getting greedier and greedier. Raise your rates if you're that hard up.
    Really ticks me off when I have a gun that ejects forward in front of the line as I can't get that, even if it's 2 inches in front and easy to reach with the sweeper. Losing .45 and 9mm is bad enough but .38 Super and 10mm really hurts. Along with brass 7.62x39.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Uuh, no problem taking time to pick up brass at indoor range. You are paying for the time you have use of the lane, including the time to load mags and pick up brass.

There are tools for quick brass pickup.

And unless the range watches VERY closely, I will sweep brass from in front of the line. NO part of my body crosses the line, but the broom can. :)

ksnell

Apr 24, 2013
    I have asked those behind the counter at On Target before out of curiosity.

They said, "If you shoot 50 rounds and pick up 55, we don't care. We only care when you do what a guy the previous weekend did and dump a 5 gallon bucket in your bag!"

Like those before me said, it is YOUR brass.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Uuh, no problem taking time to pick up brass at indoor range. You are paying for the time you have use of the lane, including the time to load mags and pick up brass.

There are tools for quick brass pickup.

And unless the range watches VERY closely, I will sweep brass from in front of the line. NO part of my body crosses the line, but the broom can. :)

It would be nice and less time consuming if I could pick up all my brass when I'm done shooting but by then the bastards will have swept it up. So have to do it every other mag or lose it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom