• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Rates are coming back down in the low 3’s again for high credit conventional 30yrs. VA rates are similar and FHAs are all over the place depending on scores.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Just closed on a 3.125% 30 year fixed a few weeks ago. Saved over $500 a month.
    NOW be really smart and dump that $500 and maybe more into principle each month and buy down that loan.
    Unless you are are 100% confident the market will return greater than 3 1/8% - and I am not.
    This last year I dumped $81k into my mortgage instead of stocks - mtg. paid off, would have lost my shirt in the market.
    Good move.....

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    And 20% down is the minimum one should start a new purchase with - otherwise - you can't afford it.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Just did a refi 2 weeks ago. Dropped from 18 years left to a new 15 year loan. Went from 3.875% to 2.62%.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    NOW be really smart and dump that $500 and maybe more into principle each month and buy down that loan.
    Unless you are are 100% confident the market will return greater than 3 1/8% - and I am not.
    This last year I dumped $81k into my mortgage instead of stocks - mtg. paid off, would have lost my shirt in the market.
    Good move.....

Nope, not right now, wife lost her job. Extra $500 going to basics. The refi pulled us out of the red. . .barely.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I was at a 2.7/15 before my divorce. I had to buy her out and go to a 3.25/30. My payment stayed the same. Willing to refi it it makes sense or rates drop even lower.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I have 3.875%/30 year loan with 22 years left. It's a darn USDA loan. Our first house and we didn't know much about loans, buying houses, or houses in general. Trying to get out of this communist state, but in the mean time(1-2 years) if I can lower my payment, that would be great.

S.M.I.B

May 21, 2013
    Calvert County
    I have a 4.625%/30 year with 22 years remaining. It might be time to refinance. I would be looking for a 15 or 20 year. I don't want to add more years.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Keeping my fingers crossed we can get in a 30 fixed at 3.0 or under. I'm only 4 months in so it isn't a big deal. Hoping the rates keep going down.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Sub 3% rates on the 30yrs are pretty unlikely. Not saying never, but I can see the 15yr rates getting back to 2.625% again with 30’s around 3-3.125%. With my clients now anything sub 3.5% (depending on credit, equity position, debt ratios, etc.), it’s worth looking to lock imho.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Just did a refi 2 weeks ago. Dropped from 18 years left to a new 15 year loan. Went from 3.875% to 2.62%.

Did you have to pay closing costs? Get a credit? I'm seeing 2.75% but no closing credit.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I went thru a credit union, but about $2500 in closing costs out of pocket.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    My wife went on Lending Tree yesterday and someone called her, and she had good rapport with him, so she's going through with him. 2.875% for 15yrs, rolling in closing costs.

-John

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    As a reference, because I’ve been asked a bunch recently, here are the states I can do business.

Maryland
    Pennsylvania
    Delaware
    Virginia
    North Carolina
    Georgia
    Tennessee
    Florida
    Ohio

Through a STM referral, we can also accommodate NJ, WV, SC

Thanks all!

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    As a reference, because I’ve been asked a bunch recently, here are the states I can do business.

Maryland
    Pennsylvania
    Delaware
    Virginia
    North Carolina
    Georgia
    Tennessee
    Florida
    Ohio

Through a STM referral, we can also accommodate NJ, WV, SC

Thanks all!

Do you travel to all these places to close or is it somehow all done online? Or do your clients have to travel to you?

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Places like lending tree, I’m not a huge fan from experiences I’ve heard about. Credit unions I do respect a bunch in most cases. Slow, but can have great rates on shorter term loans especially. IMHO anyway.

Of course neither pay MDS IP dues and I’m much cooler and bald too so....

Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom