• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Definitely an AK variant ... any MD FFL who transfers it otherwise ...

As far as calling around ... make sure you talk to the FFL holder, not just whoever answers the phone. The hack that answers the phone might not even know what a PSL is.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    BS. Same as the ar15 vs Ar10 argument. Last I heard AR 10s were unregulated.
    That's not a good comparison. There is very inclusive language specifically used for AKs in the law, and the PSL was derived from the AK.

However, if you can find a dealer that follows MSP bulletin 96-1, it wouldn't be regulated, because it's not in an AWB-prohibited configuration. *shrugs* Good luck with that.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    That's not a good comparison. There is very inclusive language specifically used for AKs in the law, and the PSL was derived from the AK.

However, if you can find a dealer that follows MSP bulletin 96-1, it wouldn't be regulated, because it's not in an AWB-prohibited configuration. *shrugs* Good luck with that.
    Like I said, take 96-1 to a PA or VA gunshow and see what happens. I don't know about PSLs but I've heard of Saigas going cash and carry at some of those shows.

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.

Not really. Let's look at the psl vs saiga 12.

I just spoke with a ffl about this same subject earlier today. So as I said earlier, call around.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I bet the state police would test it in court ... you'd loose your rifle either way. For $30 - $75 its not worth the risk.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Wow. I am amazed at the roll over and play dead in this thread. It is NOT and should NOT be a regulated transfer. Again, call around and see for yourself. Do not believe what you read on the internet.:sad20:

Sounds like the only thing the OP can possibly do. I suggest he does so and reports back.

To the original poster: yes I had one transferred to me last fall.

bcfd943

May 19, 2012
    Hello everyone I am new to the forum but have been in the business for 6 years and hope I can help with some info here. The Saiga is not regulated in Md but the PSL is .
    The Saiga is a shotgun and is not listed as a Assault shotgun on the MD assault weapons list . The PSL is a rifle and MD assaults weapon list has the AK47 Assault rifle listed for look alike .

Love the site and wish I would have joined before now . Great to see other MD shooters .

This has been confirmed by the MSP regulated firearms division .

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Hello everyone I am new to the forum but have been in the business for 6 years and hope I can help with some info here. The Saiga is not regulated in Md but the PSL is .
    The Saiga is a shotgun and is not listed as a Assault shotgun on the MD assault weapons list . The PSL is a rifle and MD assaults weapon list has the AK47 Assault rifle listed for look alike .

Love the site and wish I would have joined before now . Great to see other MD shooters .

This has been confirmed by the MSP regulated firearms division .
    There is more than one kind of Saiga....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom