• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    That's not a good comparison. There is very inclusive language specifically used for AKs in the law, and the PSL was derived from the AK.[/ck QUOTE]

Actually, this IS a good comparison. The PSL is indeed pretty much a bigger AK action, but the AR-10 is a bigger AR-15 action. Technically, since the AR-10 isn't included in the copies of the AR-15 (non-Colt HBAR) then the same should be true of the PSL compared to the regulated AK. I don't profess to know the law of this situation, chances are logic is not part of the MD law on the PSL. But calling it a "not a good" comparison is BS. It's a perfect comparison.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    I think I.J. works for them.:innocent0

I kind of agree with him. If you go regulated, you reduce the chances of the MSP ****ing with you. The reason I wanted to know was because I will now be transferring 2 regulated guns. I'm getting a Colt 6520 and the PSL. It sucks that my time will be reset to 60 days rather than the 30. That's why I wanted to know.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    HardHatMan, you may want to look further into the 2 guns / 60 days law. I thought it only applied to two of the same gun.

Why aren't you a designated collector? It makes this problem go away.

-Jim

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Wow. I am amazed at the roll over and play dead in this thread. It is NOT and should NOT be a regulated transfer. Again, call around and see for yourself. Do not believe what you read on the internet.:sad20:

As much I would like to support you here, I believe you may be wrong.

(27) Avtomat Kalashnikov semiautomatic rifle in any format

This covers it nicely.. if it has an AK action and is a rifle (and the PSL does have an AK action and is a rifle) it is regulated. Period.

A genuine PSL also has a flash hider, bayonet lug, detachable magazine, etc. You might be able to argue that a sporterized PSL does not meet the requirement and by nature of the fact some variants (PSL-54C) can be imported and as such is not regulated, especially given the long cartridge length.

My bet thought is that the MD AG will try to call this regulated unless they lose in court. Unfortunately MSP 96-1, while useful, is only an interpretation of law and not actually the law itself. The strongest evidence under MSP 96-1 is that the ATF does allow importation as a rifle that is suitable for sporting use. (The PSL-54C, at least, which lacks some of the features of the original PSL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom