• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Not good for winning over hearts and minds, IMO. You may win the fringe base but that's about it.

How does she know someone is a Muslim anyway?

When has 'winning hearts and minds' ever worked? People think 'once THEY see how good we have it', they'll see the light and fall in line. It just never works that way in most cases. When nation building doesn't work, what's left? Nation destroying?:cool:

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    When has 'winning hearts and minds' ever worked?:

It sure has worked for gay marriage.

Again, I caution about the willingness to exclude people who vote. We will be, to use a cliché, shooting ourselves in the foot.

Again, how does someone determine someone is a Muslim without asking?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Surname? You mean like Richard Reid?

If you had perused the linked articles, you would have read that 'surname' was Morgan's criteria. Richard Reid would have passé, I grant you that as surname is not very fool-proof ... but she could offer pulled-pork bar-b-q or BLT samiches, and judge accordingly by reactions. :innocent0

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Again, how does someone determine someone is a Muslim without asking?

In there lies the rub. There is no way, especially as it would pertain to the murderous converts, it can be done. The ones she really needs to ban will be able to sneak by.:sad20:

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    If you had perused the linked articles, you would have read that 'surname' was Morgan's criteria. Richard Reid would have passé, I grant you that as surname is not very fool-proof ... but she could offer pulled-pork bar-b-q or BLT samiches, and judge accordingly by reactions. :innocent0

I'm catholic and I don't eat pork. Orthodox Jews who keep kosher don't either.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    In there lies the rub. There is no way, especially as it would pertain to the murderous converts, it can be done. The ones she really needs to ban will be able to sneak by.:sad20:

Yep, relegating this to a cheap stunt to drive traffic.

Apart from the outright ban I'm afraid that if I go there I may be hassled and harassed by staff and patrons. I'm of East Indian ethnicity but not Muslim. I do have a Muslim sounding middle name but it's my dad's name, and he's a Hindu.

I see lots of possibilities for bad things to happen, like how Sikhs were killed after 9/11 after being accused of being Islamic terrorists, solely based on looks.

We really don't need to be embracing bigotry like this. It looks bad and could be alienating people who would otherwise side with us.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Yep, relegating this to a cheap stunt to drive traffic.

Apart from the outright ban I'm afraid that if I go there I may be hassled and harassed by staff and patrons. I'm of East Indian ethnicity but not Muslim. I do have a Muslim sounding middle name but it's my dad's name, and he's a Hindu.

I see lots of possibilities for bad things to happen, like how Sikhs were killed after 9/11 after being accused of being Islamic terrorists, solely based on looks.

We really don't need to be embracing bigotry like this. It looks bad and could be alienating people who would otherwise side with us.

:thumbsup: ^^this

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

The Civil Rights Act of 1965 prohibited discrimination in employment and in places of public accommodation. However, some forms of discrimination may be valid when in the public interest (like a shooting range where lethal weapons are being handled) and the courts have devised rational basis test to determine if discrimination has legitimate purpose. The courts also developed a strict scrutiny test to analyze same. If discrimination reflects prejudice, the courts automatically classify as suspect, but require the government to prove that there wasn't compelling reason for discrimination ... thus the DoJ's interest in 'monitoring' Morgan's range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom