• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Some of these state's legislators...and/or the gun control groups behind them...could be hoping that by the time the challenges get through the courts and ultimately the Supreme Court that the Court's makeup will have changed by then more to their liking.
    Very likely their strategy. If you read some of their releases, they view Bruen as an aberration, not a change in overall trajectory towards ending private weapon possession of any kind. Whereas we view Bruen as a sea change in the relationship amongst 2A, the Government, and the People.

Foot dragging by lower courts is a tool the Antis will leverage in order to delay and deflect the real-world effects of Bruen until a solution for the decision itself can be found.

Last edited:

JollyPedro

Aug 15, 2022
    St Mary's County
    NY amd NJ can easily stretch out the process. Sort of a passive-aggressive, albeit temporary, win.

It's been three months since Bruen and hearings on merits haven't even started. It could take another year to get a decision at District, then appeals, then en banc if the states lose on appeal, then up for cert, hearings, and decision at SCOTUS.
    I believe the first hearing in the NY case is on Oct 20th, should know more then....

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    Just came across this article.

Looks like New Jersey is trying to pass NY style gun control on steroids. Sensitive places, private property without owners consent, blah, blah, blah.
    Man I hate these azzholes.
    Noo Joisey is a police state. State cops there ar mercenary-type a$$wipes. They will illegally search your vehicles, your home and your persin, including "cavity search".

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Good Point. They can also name the places to be marked sensitive. Really they need to just remove 2A from any state control at all.
    I havent gotten my permit yet because I wanted to wait for these shenanigans first as I think many others are as well. Which means there will be another surge when the dust settles. MD will not even remotely be able to say there is no interest after that.

And for now concealed is concealed in my mind
    It doesn't matter if they think/say there's interest or not. They will lie and pass whatever restrictions they want because they despise gun owners and only want to control you. It has never been and never will be about safety.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    It doesn't matter if they think/say there's interest or not. They will lie and pass whatever restrictions they want because they despise gun owners and only want to control you. It has never been and never will be about safety.
    Ok you got me they can say it but numbers will show otherwise.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I wonder what it will take to challenge these laws quickly. The tactic seems to be just throw anything at the wall and then let litigation take out the unconstitutional parts but that will take years.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I believe this new bill allows all localities in NJ to pass gun laws that are more restrictive than state law. There are 400+ towns/cities in NJ from my understanding. Think about that.

I believe it will also mandate any current carry permit holders to take the new "approved training" within 90 days of the laws passage. The trainers have to be approved by the State as do the ranges. 90 days or your permit gets revoked.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I believe this new bill allows all localities in NJ to pass gun laws that are more restrictive than state law. There are 400+ towns/cities in NJ from my understanding. Think about that.

I believe it will also mandate any current carry permit holders to take the new "approved training" within 90 days of the laws passage. The trainers have to be approved by the State as do the ranges. 90 days or your permit gets revoked.

Yes, 565 municipalities to be exact. NJ loves home rule.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Apparently the New Jersey sensitive places case was heard today per FPC Twitter feed.. they had blow by blow there while it was going

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Apparently the New Jersey sensitive places case was heard today per FPC Twitter feed.. they had blow by blow there while it was going

Judges are Krause (ANTI-Obama appointee), Porter (Trump), Chung (Biden, appointed this year). There's a lot of laws being challenged here.

I imagine there will likely be some kind of split, some laws struck, others upheld.3rd circuit has had quite a few en banc gun cases. I wouldn't be surprised to see this one also go en banc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom