• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Yeah, none of my .22s like Remington bullets in any way, shape or form. Including bolt and SA. I don't know how they can keep making and selling that junk.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Had another flawless trip to the range this last Sunday, my sons first time shooting the 1522. HE LOVES IT!!! Another 300+ rds and not one ftf. Ran cci standard and a few Winchester super x this time.

ScottR

Mark it Zero Dude!!!
    Feb 18, 2013
    Belair MD
    Had another flawless trip to the range this last Sunday, my sons first time shooting the 1522. HE LOVES IT!!! Another 300+ rds and not one ftf. Ran cci standard and a few Winchester super x this time.

How far are you shooting with the CCI Std. Velocity? I hear they start to keyhole beyond 75 yds

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Guys over on Snipers Hide are shooting them to at least 100 - 200 yards.

bigwillc

Apr 12, 2013
    Charles County - Da Dorf
    Got one of these myself the other day. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet and I'm itching to do so. Everyone that I've spoken to about it loves this rifle. On a different note, any ideas where I can find some "reasonably" priced magazines?

CarlosM

Mar 12, 2013
    Got one of these myself the other day. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet and I'm itching to do so. Everyone that I've spoken to about it loves this rifle. On a different note, any ideas where I can find some "reasonably" priced magazines?

Check midwayusa.com. They get them in stock sometimes. I've bought several from them in the past month or so.

Samadams104

Feb 6, 2013
    ELDERSBURG MD
    I have a moss 715t and its a blast to shoot. I cleaned it before firing it for the first time and i had no problems. All of your toys should be cleaned before shooting it. Just my opinion.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013

Depends what you consider reasonable.... they run 20 bucks (+shipping) brand new on the S&W site but they are NEVER in stock (I'm referring to the md compliant 10rd long). I found a private seller selling for 30, which to me was reasonable considering shipping cost I wouldn't pay on ftf sale, and limited availability.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I picked up my 15-22 yesterday, but won't have any time to get to the range to check it out until next week at the earliest. bad thing is I am getting down to a mishmash of assorted 22's, hate to shoot them all up until I can restock, and who knows when that might be.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I picked up my 15-22 yesterday, but won't have any time to get to the range to check it out until next week at the earliest. bad thing is I am getting down to a mishmash of assorted 22's, hate to shoot them all up until I can restock, and who knows when that might be.

:party29::party29: grats enjoy!!! :party29::party29:

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD

This ^^^^^^ I am starting into my last few boxes. I have 4 .22s now. Momma needs to go find some food!

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Natchez still has some .22 a few minutes ago. You missed Mini Mags and Standard Velocity

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Earlier I had reported that my 15-22 was running like a top.

NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE.

After 4 mags of Federal ammo, I had 7 or 8 stovepipes.

I have no idea what is up with this rifle. When it was new it ran like a top. Now its a POS.

I ran the same ammo through my brand new Ruger 10-22 with no issue. Something is up here......

It was clean and very lightly oiled per suggestions. I am beginning to wonder if I have a lemon.

I guess first put some other type of ammo through to see if it behaves. Its getting on my nerves. :mad54:

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    My 15-22 never did like federal ammo. At least 1 ftf per mag. Runs great on CCI and M-22 Winchester. If your looking for mags, Big Dogs gets them once in a while.

Cicirich

Feb 10, 2013
    Earlier I had reported that my 15-22 was running like a top.

NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE.

After 4 mags of Federal ammo, I had 7 or 8 stovepipes.

I have no idea what is up with this rifle. When it was new it ran like a top. Now its a POS.

I ran the same ammo through my brand new Ruger 10-22 with no issue. Something is up here......

It was clean and very lightly oiled per suggestions. I am beginning to wonder if I have a lemon.

I guess first put some other type of ammo through to see if it behaves. Its getting on my nerves. :mad54:

Know what you mean. Although mine never worked off the bat. Sent it to S&W worked great for the first range trip but then on second range trip not so much. Called S&W before Memorial Day and they said they would email me a prepaid postage. Never got it. Called them again last week they said they would email it again and guess what never got it again. Have to try them again tomorrow. Frustrating.:mad54:

HailSkins

Aug 13, 2009
    Hebron
    Update: Took 15-22 to the range for the first time since M&P sent it back. Good news: they fixed the FTE issue. Bad news: one of the pins holding the trigger in works itself out of place while shooting. Time to call S&W again :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom