• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    Saiga makes some good shotguns. Congrats on the purchase!

i prefer cookies over ice cream :D thanks man

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I agree, the Vepr12's are the Cadillac , adjustable rear sights, folding stock and mine shoots everything thrown at it. One hell of a shotgun. I have seriously considered buying another when classic keeps throwing them up at 799.99 just to put away for resale later.

Unfortunately, due to the legalities in the US, they're not being imported with folding stocks anymore. From Classic's description:

"Previously VEPR's were imported with an original side folding stock that had been pinned into the open position and then welded in place so the folding mechanism could no longer function. This was always a bone of contention when it came to importing with the welds having to pass U.S. Customs import requirements prohibiting folding stocks.... etc.

As such, the Molot factory finally bit the bullet and simply manufactured a straight tubular stock for use on these weapons and this group of guns features that stock. It is a solid one piece unit that goes directly into the rear trunion with no welded open folding mechanism to be concerned with.

It also allows them to be offered at a better price point than in the past, making this a win / win for the importer, distributor, and consumer.

Truth is the old stock wouldn't fold anyway, and these are light and strong. I may even like this incarnation better."

Folders on shotguns are verboten in the PRM anyway.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Unfortunately, due to the legalities in the US, they're not being imported with folding stocks anymore. From Classic's description:

"Previously VEPR's were imported with an original side folding stock that had been pinned into the open position and then welded in place so the folding mechanism could no longer function. This was always a bone of contention when it came to importing with the welds having to pass U.S. Customs import requirements prohibiting folding stocks.... etc.

As such, the Molot factory finally bit the bullet and simply manufactured a straight tubular stock for use on these weapons and this group of guns features that stock. It is a solid one piece unit that goes directly into the rear trunion with no welded open folding mechanism to be concerned with.

It also allows them to be offered at a better price point than in the past, making this a win / win for the importer, distributor, and consumer.

Truth is the old stock wouldn't fold anyway, and these are light and strong. I may even like this incarnation better."

Folders on shotguns are verboten in the PRM anyway.

I have one of the old ones with the spot weld.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom