• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Does the Glock 20 Gen4 10mm pistol use the same exact magazine as the G20 SF pistol? I know the hand grip is different between the two. If I ever got one of these pistols, I would want the magazine to fit a G29 Gen4 pistol.
    Thanks!

same magazine

Actually I think you can use a gen4 in a gen3 and viseversa, but if you change the magazine release in the gen4 to lefty the gen3 mags won't work in the gen4.
    I think I'm saying the right. Please correct me if I'm thinking wrong here.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Actually I think you can use a gen4 in a gen3 and viseversa, but if you change the magazine release in the gen4 to lefty the gen3 mags won't work in the gen4.
    I think I'm saying the right. Please correct me if I'm thinking wrong here.
    You are correct

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Will the Safariland Paddle ALS holster (6378) for the Glock G29 also work with the G20? Or does one have to buy a Safariland for each pistol because they are different and won't work in same holster? Safari hasn't answered my inquiries, so need help here.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Will the Safariland Paddle ALS holster (6378) for the Glock G29 also work with the G20? Or does one have to buy a Safariland for each pistol because they are different and won't work in same holster? Safari hasn't answered my inquiries, so need help here.

The Safariland locks on the ejection port so if the bottom of the holster isn't closed and the extra barrel length can pass through then it should work.

With Glocks absent large/small frame sizes you can use a smaller gun in a larger holster but not always vice versa.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

You should be fine, as has already been stated, if the bottom of the holster is open. I use the same holster(s) for my G20, G21, and my G29.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Mopar92 and Buff7mm: Thinking that I'd be more apt to carry the G29 than the G20, I had already ordered the Safariland ALS for G29, but have not received it yet. That's before I got both of your comments. Otherwise, I would have ordered the G20 holster first. I looked at your replies, but I'll let you know how it works out for me about mid-week. Hopefully, one holster fits both. As usual, appreciate the responses.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I like the PPU, I own a G20 and a Delta Elite. Its relatively clean ammo, consistent quality and a good price point. They both eat it just fine. IMHO

Glad to hear, since my initial small buy was PPU 180's JHP, but have not used yet.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    You should be fine, as has already been stated, if the bottom of the holster is open. I use the same holster(s) for my G20, G21, and my G29.

Results: I received the Safariland Glock 3 7/8"BBL G29/30 ALS paddle holster (6378-483-411) yesterday. The bottom of the holster is open and will accommodate the G29, but not the G20 or G21. The bottom left hand side of the holster has a plastic-like "stopper/shim" bolted onto the inside of the holster. I didn't know what to call the part. The G20 and G21 look like they want to slide thru the bottom of holster, but looks like the stopper or plug is just enough to stop them. I'd remove it, but it probably serves to keep the G29 from wobbling in holster and makes holster sturdier. I could flatten it by grinding it down a tad, but then the G29 might wobble. If you saw the part, you'd know what I mean.
    I was hoping that one holster would work with all of them. I do have the Gen4 versions of G20 and 29.

Last edited:

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Results: I received the Safariland Glock 3 7/8"BBL G29/30 ALS paddle holster (6378-483-411) yesterday. The bottom of the holster is open and will accommodate the G29, but not the G20 or G21. The bottom left hand side of the holster has a plastic-like "stopper/shim" bolted onto the inside of the holster. I didn't know what to call the part. The G20 and G21 look like they want to slide thru the bottom of holster, but looks like the stopper or plug is just enough to stop them. I'd remove it, but it probably serves to keep the G29 from wobbling in holster and makes holster sturdier. I could flatten it by grinding it down a tad, but then the G29 might wobble. If you saw the part, you'd know what I mean.
    I was hoping that one holster would work with all of them. I do have the Gen4 versions of G20 and 29.

Here the holster I use for my 20/29 but it's a lefty, but I'm sure you could find a right handed one easy enough.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAGUA-GLOCK...169086?hash=item28250afd7e:g:~foAAOSwmLlYBU1p

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom