• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    Why all the hostility toward everyone here? The guy wanted a MD permit and he got one. End of story. Thanks for the link but I'm sure he already knows this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I'm only hostile to Maryland's BS. Hell I want all the good guys out there carrying! If hes not a cop he may not even know what LEOSA is. That's why I put the info out for his MP friend.

Last edited:

cad68m_m

Member MSI, SAF, NRA
    Nov 26, 2011
    Calvert
    Congrats to OP. I don't fault anyone for asking a question to try to understand MD's convoluted laws. I believe that peoples frustration contribute to some unfortunate comments about the OP's question. I like that the majority of posters here are supportive of any one getting their permit.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    anything prohibiting me from conceal carrying with one in the chamber?

I found that a very interesting question. Under Utah law, a semi auto with rounds in the magazine (inserted in gun..) but nothing in the chamber is not a loaded gun.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    This thread is why Brit Stouffer told us the story about the monkeys beating up the one that tries to get the banana. Lot of monkey beating going on here and we would all be better off eating bananas.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    This thread is why Brit Stouffer told us the story about the monkeys beating up the one that tries to get the banana. Lot of monkey beating going on here and we would all be better off eating bananas.

You keep your deep throating monkey hands to yourself mister

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Did you know that only 3% of the banana's that monkey's eat are banana's that the monkey has to clime for?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

You do know that story is an urban legend. Please site it.. :innocent0

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Congrats to OP. I don't fault anyone for asking a question to try to understand MD's convoluted laws. I believe that peoples frustration contribute to some unfortunate comments about the OP's question. I like that the majority of posters here are supportive of any one getting their permit.
    I understand what you are saying, but the questions in the OP almost seemed sarcastic or a joke even. How can a person that goes through the steps of applying for and getting a permit in MD not have already done a little research on the do's and don'ts of transporting a firearm once they receive that permit ?

Even those that congratulated him were a bit baffled by his questions.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I understand what you are saying, but the questions in the OP almost seemed sarcastic or a joke even. How can a person that goes through the steps of applying for and getting a permit in MD not have already done a little research on the do's and don'ts of transporting a firearm once they receive that permit ?

Even those that congratulated him were a bit baffled by his questions.

I can see how. I had a co worker want to apply for a permit citing the isis threat and being in the Army reserve. How's that for thinking?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I can see how. I had a co worker want to apply for a permit citing the isis threat and being in the Army reserve. How's that for thinking?

xxxoo-125x101.jpg

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    That's great. I used similar in my HPRB and was denied. That's just *&^(%$@ superb. TS/SCI, working at Federal agency that does special stuff. Amazing, just amazing. If only I could reapply as my OMB stuff was hacked too.

Congrats JD.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    That's great. I used similar in my HPRB and was denied. That's just *&^(%$@ superb. TS/SCI, working at Federal agency that does special stuff. Amazing, just amazing. If only I could reapply as my OMB stuff was hacked too.

Congrats JD.
    You can reapply, again and again. My bet is sooner or later you get approved if you do.

Feb 8, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    OK OK OK guys damn, never meant to this post to get so heated. But love that we all have the 2A passion in our blood.

My questions have been answered.

I asked about having one in the chamber because in the Army we use different levels of readiness for our weapons. Light green status for a .50 cal: Gun mounted, Ammo in Ammo can holder. Yellow status: same as green but not the ammo belt is laid into the feed chamber. Red status: same as Yellow but the gun is now loaded.

The color scheme varies but you get my drift. Thats why I asked. I've been keeping one in the chamber and feel very comfortable with it. I am signing up for couple of classes that will allow me to hone my skills. I just need to find a range that allows holster draw and fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom