• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Good news.

Now if we can just get those Carbines too!

Baby steps dude, if what the OP said is true, then it's a damn miracle in itself. I'd imagine they'd fight tooth n' nail to keep those "high-capacity-assault-clip taking baby killers" out of the country.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Now talk about slick barrels....ask 303Enfield about his carbine via Korea with a slick barrel. :innocent0

A Korean Carbine with a barrel swap might still be cheaper than buying a nice grade carbine locally. Carbine prices have made me sick at the last few shows I've been to.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    That would be a good guess. I had one, Blue Sky stamping on barrel. Pretty gun but the bore was wiped slick. Sold it to another member here him knowing it was slick. I didn't know they existed anymore.

Again if it goes to an importer CMP is out of the loop.

Don't know if Blue Sky's around either. I just used them as an example. IIRC, they had some pathetic examples in the past...

Plus, some reports are that the Koreans haven't been too diligent in taking care of the se weapons... :mad54:

Anyone get a chance to see those South American imported Garands they had up in York a6 or so months ago? Firewood stocks, sewer pipe barrels... Blech!

Jamie

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Don't think we'll see any carbines because of those nasty detatchable magazines. I hope the M1 Garands come in but I do wonder if this is an election year smoke screen. Hope for the best.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    A Korean Carbine with a barrel swap might still be cheaper than buying a nice grade carbine locally. Carbine prices have made me sick at the last few shows I've been to.

Really I havent found them that bad but they are escalating, saw quite a few at the Chantilly show for $700 that probably could have been haggled to $650 that were very nice with the sweet smell of cash.

Saw a really awesome underwood lineout NPM at $900, if I had had my muzzle gauge I might have tried to haggle him down if it was good.

That said, almost ALL inlands.............common, vanilla inlands (ok they are good but I have two already)

ItsGarand

-> TEUFELSBERG <-
    May 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    Why can't we get a Senator like that in MD?
    Did you read the last sentence where it says he led the way in blocking funding to advance the UN Arms Treaty.
    Go Jon Tester!!

ps: I am also glad that the CMP will be handling the rifles and sales.

Orest Michaels of the CMP stated that the CMP will not be handling these rifles.

mstraus

Jul 23, 2009
    Frederick MD
    I got the same response from CMP. They do not expect to be the ones handling this transaction even if it does go through. I am sure some importer is up the Gov'ts as to be awarded the import lic to do the sales. After they step on the cost. I expect them to be even or more than CMP and We still have no idea of the grading of these rifles.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    They have evidently been bought by someone. They keep saying the CMP, but Orest Michaels, the CMP COO says they are not handling these weapons.

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/06/29/...-south-korean-m1-garand-rifles/#axzz1zJl23sr3

CMP has been saying since day one they aren't going to be theirs. I could be wrong but I doubt there are 10 of thousands of Korean War Vets that would be interested. look for internet sellers to be selling them in short time if they ever get here.

Should Bobo be reelected they may be made into razor blades. :sad20:

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I would expect a bit more than $550. Remember they have to be shipped, stored, marketed, etc.. Hope they are in good condition and not too expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom